GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WhAt Do yOu cOnSiDeR To Be tHe fUtUrE Of gAmInG?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/01/02 at 19:26
Regular
Games have improved greatly over the years. From the Spectrum which loaded the games from tapes, to the Nintendo which uses Cartridges to the Playstation which use CD’s.
Although many may find that cartridges are more efficient as they cannot get damaged as easily as CD’s can. Although CDs are easier for storage and therefore are better when keeping a large amount of.
There is also a downfall, which to some may not be a downfall, which with the high rise of CD writers being used means that CDs can be copied repeatedly.
In futuristic terms games haven’t gone as far as expected, although the have been improved greatly.
Nowadays many go all out with their consoles buying many of the available controllers to make their game experience more fun and therefore make the game better.
Controls have come very far from the joystick which used to be widely available with all consoles you don’t tend to see much of them anymore. They have now been improved to controllers with a variety of buttons arranged in assorted ways. We also have the steering wheel, which improves the quality of racing games making them more believable, and this alone has been changed repeatedly and now includes new features to make it seem as though you are driving in realistic terms.
Games have come just as far as everything else in the gaming world. From simple games such as frogger which involved a frog which had to directed across the road or over water using logs and leafs as a bridge over. Nowadays games have a variety of weapons to be picked up such as the many James Bond games, where you go around collecting different guns, I always found that playing the multiplayer was a little more enjoyable as you could go around finding each other.
There are also the final fantasy range, where the majority of the are made with improved graphics, these now have improved battle scenes.
Gaming has now also gone a step further with dancing mats being made for agmes such as DDR, where you can physically do the dance moves on a mat rather then having to type them in with a controller.
This gives the gaming experience a new way of life, as instead of sitting in front of a screne you can perform what you mean to be doing in the game!
This is what makes it hard o know what will come next in the world of gaming, many cartoons portray a 3 dimensional example of how a gae can be played. One good example is Johnny Quest ... i think?! But one sure example is the film 'The Matrix' where we find out what the matrix involves, we then see the way in which you can enter the game.
If would be strange if you data was downloaded into your brain, where you could physicalluy enter the game rather then watch it on a screen.
Or even those games which are seen in headsets where you view them with only you seeing and knowing what is going on.
Personally i think the matrix gives us the first improvement to come in future years, the matrix is a great film however the thought of actually dying through mind gaming is a little scary ... :s

remember ... 'the matrix will find you if you want it to ...'
Sun 13/01/02 at 15:12
The matrix is all around you ...
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:24
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> I would say multiplayer gaming, but that's already about. So maybe on-line
> gaming with the next-generation consoles!

i suppose multiplayer improves many games as playing on your own can become a bore ... ?!
Sun 13/01/02 at 13:04
The future of gaming ... how do we know that life isnt a game ... sure some people see it that way ...
Sun 13/01/02 at 12:22
big_slow wrote:
> did you know this topic could have won a game but because of the funny title it
> didnt?

How can writing the title 'LiKe tHiS' possibly decrease your chances of winning GAD?
Judges should base their judgement on the topic posted not how the title was written.
If you ask me it makes the post stand out rather then using pure caps and the judges should read what was posted before passing judgement on how the title is written!!
The subject i posted was written with most aspects of gaming in mind and how furture games may later be invented, if that didnt win i dont know what will ...

Another point i would like to make is about the cartridges and cds i mentioned in my message where many of you have misunderstood what i meant ...
Cartridges where around way before cds were, with the sega having many cartridges, i thought it would be better if i mentioned a more well known console like nintendo, but that is what i was getting at!

Thanx for your replies anyway and i hope youll read future posts of mine with as many comments as this one has gotten!
Sun 13/01/02 at 09:37
Regular
"699 days!"
DrDragon wrote:
> Prawn Star wrote:
> Great. So prove me wrong again. I suppose it serves me
> right though... But
> hey! Thanks, I did want to know the actual release of
> the playstation, you
> couldn't tell me the month could you? :). [Dr.Dragon
> invents month.]

Hmm, think it was March. But no promises made.

IGNORE THIS MESSAGE.
Sun 13/01/02 at 09:36
Regular
"699 days!"
Prawn Star wrote:
> Great. So prove me wrong again. I suppose it serves me right though... But
> hey! Thanks, I did want to know the actual release of the playstation, you
> couldn't tell me the month could you? :). [Dr.Dragon invents month.]

Sorry, don't know that one. Any PS fans here? In which month was the original PS released?
Sun 13/01/02 at 09:35
Regular
"699 days!"
Prawn Star wrote:
> Great. So prove me wrong again. I suppose it serves me right though... But
> hey! Thanks, I did want to know the actual release of the playstation, you
> couldn't tell me the month could you? :). [Dr.Dragon invents month.]

Hmm, think it was March. But no promises made.
Sun 13/01/02 at 09:31
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Great. So prove me wrong again. I suppose it serves me right though... But hey! Thanks, I did want to know the actual release of the playstation, you couldn't tell me the month could you? :). [Dr.Dragon invents month.]
Sun 13/01/02 at 09:09
Regular
"699 days!"
Prawn Star wrote:
> pandaeyes wrote:

To the Nintendo which uses Cartridges to the Playstation
> which use CD’s.

To the playstation? The playstation was released in '91 or
> something where as the nintendo was released in 96'. That was when Sony slashed
> the price of Playstation and brought out thier first Platinum series. You
> should have noticed that the nintendo had NO loading times therefor it was
> higher in the games chain.

The playstation was released in '95, not '91. So it was alot closer than that.
Sun 13/01/02 at 08:58
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
pandaeyes wrote:

To the Nintendo which uses Cartridges to the Playstation which use CD’s.

To the playstation? The playstation was released in '91 or something where as the nintendo was released in 96'. That was when Sony slashed the price of Playstation and brought out thier first Platinum series. You should have noticed that the nintendo had NO loading times therefor it was higher in the games chain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.