GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"chat rooms? chat forums? or messenger?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/01/02 at 17:34
Regular
The most popular ways of communicating on the web is to use either chat rooms, chat forums or messenger! Most of them come with nicknames and sometimes email addresses ...
However they all have their pros and cons ...
Where in chatrooms you can meet a wide range of people of all ages, and chat about any subject possible, there are also chat forums which are normally based on a certain subject like this forum ...
Then there is instant messaging where you can talk to people one to one! You also have to chance to invite people into the conversation which means instead of having people coming and going like chat rooms you can control who you talk to.
Instant meesngers are normally used to talk to people you relate to and get to know them better without the common interuptions from other chatters.
But the chat rooms are more social which means you can meet more people and therefore make more freinds at any one time ...
Then there are forums which are great when wanting to get ones point across to people and when wanting to write about a subject you feel strongly about.
In forums you can then communicate in a way that is unpersonal. You can find out what everybody thinks about a certain subject and their views.
You can then get a further understanding from differnt perspectives.
In chat forums you are, well not forced, but in a way made to write only about the subject posted, whereas in chat rooms the subject can drift off and run dry.
This is where i ask you what do you prefer, you might like talking to people one on one however sometimes you can feel uncomfortable in only one persons presence.
Or you might prefer chat rooms where you can meet people with differnt likes and dislikes.
However you may also prefer using the forums like the ones here.
Although i believe that most of you think this is an obvious GAD attempt, i am purely trying to see what form of communication is most popular.
I dont usually use forums, but i see how they benefit from the usual chatting in rooms, it makes you concentrate on a certain subject and help you get your point across to a range of different people, this means that instead of listening to alot of people droning on about nothing you can decide what you talk about and therefore improve your views on differnt subjects ... what do you think?
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:41
yea i spose
Sun 13/01/02 at 15:59
Regular
I know, but so's SR.
Sun 13/01/02 at 15:10
msn messenger is quick and easy
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:32
i am ...
Sun 13/01/02 at 14:20
Sniper[UKČ] wrote:
> Messenger 0wns you all.

you know, your right ... i bet you nearly everyone in these forums are in messenger too right now ... !
Sun 13/01/02 at 09:17
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Sinper's back! or at least his UK version is. Messenger rocks, and so does txt msgn but best of all are these forums. Practically every one here loves games, and have a reasonnably like minded taste (you know who you are). Although it seems a lot of you are only here for the free DVD's/Game's.
Sat 12/01/02 at 23:32
Regular
Messenger 0wns you all.
Sat 12/01/02 at 21:02
Regular
I don't really like Chat rooms that much, but chat forums are good, like this, cos you can meet people, and then chat to them on messenger. Messenger is more for talking to friends, which I like, but chat forums are more interesting a lot of the time.
Sat 12/01/02 at 20:45
Regular
I prefer Messenger for talking to mates but forums for talking properly and reading lond stuff, this cannotbe acived on Messenger or rooms

I really dont like Chat Rooms
Sat 12/01/02 at 18:24
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Aren't any of you real?

How can anyone possibly act real through a computer let alone in a forum?!
Im talking in chat terms to which you prefer to be in ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.