GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE GAME OF LIFE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/09/00 at 16:54
Regular
When all this talk of computer games, consoles being better than the next console - and well, pretty much anything to do with the gaming scene - it makes me wonder what people are missing out on. All the talk these days is 'have you seen game 'X'?' or 'My console is much better than yours - it has such-and-such amount of gigabytes etc'. Well I am a games player. I do like the odd spell at Championship Manager - but at the end of the day the games are not reality. Real life is so much better than Virtual life - you can be yourself and no-one can take that away from you - but in games? - well you can be Lara Croft, you can be a racing car - you can even be a dolphin. But at the end of the day these things are not what you are - and they have very limited things to do - the missions - all preset - the settings - allready made - ok so you can affect these things by continuing through the games - but really this is just what the games designers design.

There is very little doubt in my mind that anyone can have a gaming experience that is as good as living - and maybe someday - who knows? But maybe someday people will be playing games that involve you in more ways - take Shenmue for example - but there is only one way to experience what YOU want to experience - not what the games designers want you to - but what you want. And my friends, the only way to do this is by living and stimulating your brain through real means.

I don't want to upset anybody - I mean games are great for taking on roles that you could never feasably do in your own life - but Life is much better - as you can do much much more wonderful things than in a game.
Cheers
Fri 08/09/00 at 16:54
When all this talk of computer games, consoles being better than the next console - and well, pretty much anything to do with the gaming scene - it makes me wonder what people are missing out on. All the talk these days is 'have you seen game 'X'?' or 'My console is much better than yours - it has such-and-such amount of gigabytes etc'. Well I am a games player. I do like the odd spell at Championship Manager - but at the end of the day the games are not reality. Real life is so much better than Virtual life - you can be yourself and no-one can take that away from you - but in games? - well you can be Lara Croft, you can be a racing car - you can even be a dolphin. But at the end of the day these things are not what you are - and they have very limited things to do - the missions - all preset - the settings - allready made - ok so you can affect these things by continuing through the games - but really this is just what the games designers design.

There is very little doubt in my mind that anyone can have a gaming experience that is as good as living - and maybe someday - who knows? But maybe someday people will be playing games that involve you in more ways - take Shenmue for example - but there is only one way to experience what YOU want to experience - not what the games designers want you to - but what you want. And my friends, the only way to do this is by living and stimulating your brain through real means.

I don't want to upset anybody - I mean games are great for taking on roles that you could never feasably do in your own life - but Life is much better - as you can do much much more wonderful things than in a game.
Cheers
Fri 08/09/00 at 20:24
Oh, but if the game is a good game - then disregard the above. :)
Fri 08/09/00 at 20:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Eloquently put, going for another game?
Fri 08/09/00 at 20:35
Get MSR mate =- then use the dosh you either earn from a proper job to get a DC or bid for won at Ebay - dead cheap - £100 + a game - and then get one man..yeah..
Fri 08/09/00 at 21:36
Bloody hell Daniel boy
don't you ever sleep
stop putting messages everywhere
Fri 08/09/00 at 21:43
It's not time to sleep yet. Danny boy?Ok,,,
Fri 08/09/00 at 21:43
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
to true man!!!!!!!!!
Sat 09/09/00 at 09:05
"You can be a winner at the game of life"
Sat 09/09/00 at 11:26
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Life is only a game if you make it so....
"All that is given is not lost"
"A balanced diet is a Mars Bar in each hand"
"He who laughs at himself will always be kept amused."
Sat 09/09/00 at 23:16
Regular
"Under the Wall"
The board (or bored!) game 'the game of life' was really lame, wasn't it. The little cars and the pink and blue 'people'. It was even more boring than a game of monopoly that you try to play until everyone except the winner goes bankrupt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.