GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pc`s and Console`s"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/02/03 at 21:59
Regular
Most of you with a console wil generally use their console as a games unit. but most will still use their pc aswell.

The goods to a pc! Do you agree or disagree with them

Advantages-Pc`s offer better gameplay with stratergy games.
Game play can generally be more effective.
Certain games or only available on pc such as flight simulater.
Games are often cheaper.
Multiplayer is avaiable through the internet ( its often on consoles but pc`s offer it much better)

Disadvantages-Pc games often use the latest graphics and the best graphics so upgrading is needed from time to time.
GAMes are easily copied losing the gaming companies money.
Game play can be slower as games cant match your exact pc specification.

Console- Advantages- consoles offer more games or certain games that only come out on one console i.e mario.

Ok,i cant figure out what else to put

Pretty lame topic this but im sure so one else can finish it off.
Tue 11/02/03 at 12:55
"For the horde!!!!"
you do have a point Smashed consoles always keep the same specs but PC's are always upgraded to handle the lateist games, also PC games can have exstended replay value with extra skins, charactors, maps and mods that can be down loaded off the internet, PC games are cheaper which adds even more value. Consoles are better for multiplay with other mates if you don't have a LAN and thay don't need to be installed or uninstalled.
Tue 11/02/03 at 11:03
Regular
Smashed wrote:
> Most of you with a console wil generally use their console as a games
> unit. but most will still use their pc aswell.
>
> The goods to a pc! Do you agree or disagree with them
>
> Advantages-Pc`s offer better gameplay with stratergy games. Great if you like stratergy games. Otherwise pointless.

> Game play can generally be more effective. Makes no difference. You can code the same stuff for console or pc.

> Certain games or only available on pc such as flight simulater. This will always be the case. You could say GT3 is only on console.

> Games are often cheaper. New pc games are a bit cheaper than PS2 ones, but not by much. Older pc games cost less, but then PS2 has it's Platinum range.

> Multiplayer is avaiable through the internet ( its often on consoles
> but pc`s offer it much better). Multiplayer on graphics intensive games like car racers needs broadband. I can't that here (not to mention cost of subscription), so this doesnt really effect me.

> Disadvantages-Pc games often use the latest graphics and the best
> graphics so upgrading is needed from time to time. Right. And its not just graphics. RAM and CPU also needs to be upgraded often if you wan't to play the latest big games at proper speeds. ie, Flight Simulator 3 still "judders" on a 1.4Ghz P4 with 256Mb Ram fitted.
Mon 10/02/03 at 22:05
"slightlyshortertagl"
You winning a GAD with this is about as likely as the next door neighbour's dog coming up to my room unaided and completing Projec Gotham Racing for me....
Mon 10/02/03 at 21:59
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
Most of you with a console wil generally use their console as a games unit. but most will still use their pc aswell.

The goods to a pc! Do you agree or disagree with them

Advantages-Pc`s offer better gameplay with stratergy games.
Game play can generally be more effective.
Certain games or only available on pc such as flight simulater.
Games are often cheaper.
Multiplayer is avaiable through the internet ( its often on consoles but pc`s offer it much better)

Disadvantages-Pc games often use the latest graphics and the best graphics so upgrading is needed from time to time.
GAMes are easily copied losing the gaming companies money.
Game play can be slower as games cant match your exact pc specification.

Console- Advantages- consoles offer more games or certain games that only come out on one console i.e mario.

Ok,i cant figure out what else to put

Pretty lame topic this but im sure so one else can finish it off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.