GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Robot Snores"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/01/02 at 20:30
Regular
Robot Wars was once an enjoyable program, but has been ruined by an attempt to follow crazes of kids today.

I started watching it (if you call me sad I don't give a damn) near the end of the first series, and I was immediatly hooked. I looked forward to it every week and enjoyed it every week. When the series was over I couldn't wait for the next one to begin soon. When it started again it was even better, if I ever missed an episode I'd be really annoyed. But it wasn't the rounds of straight-up battling I enjoyed, it was those sub rounds of something else.

However, as the wars continued those sub rounds began to dissapear, and the straight up battling became boring I only watched it occasionly now, as it was a lot less enjoyable.

Then I heard about a new series called "extreme". This sounded a bit better. But it wasn't. It sunk Robot wars to the lowest point it could.

It was trying to add-in the "attitude" that is shown in WWF. It was just trying to be popular by copying something popular with it's viewers. Now when you watch robot wars, you hear a bunch of British twits trying to sound cool

If Robot Wars wants to be poular, I say "bring back the sub-rounds", otherwise Robot Wars will have been forgotten completely in a year's time
Fri 11/01/02 at 20:30
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Robot Wars was once an enjoyable program, but has been ruined by an attempt to follow crazes of kids today.

I started watching it (if you call me sad I don't give a damn) near the end of the first series, and I was immediatly hooked. I looked forward to it every week and enjoyed it every week. When the series was over I couldn't wait for the next one to begin soon. When it started again it was even better, if I ever missed an episode I'd be really annoyed. But it wasn't the rounds of straight-up battling I enjoyed, it was those sub rounds of something else.

However, as the wars continued those sub rounds began to dissapear, and the straight up battling became boring I only watched it occasionly now, as it was a lot less enjoyable.

Then I heard about a new series called "extreme". This sounded a bit better. But it wasn't. It sunk Robot wars to the lowest point it could.

It was trying to add-in the "attitude" that is shown in WWF. It was just trying to be popular by copying something popular with it's viewers. Now when you watch robot wars, you hear a bunch of British twits trying to sound cool

If Robot Wars wants to be poular, I say "bring back the sub-rounds", otherwise Robot Wars will have been forgotten completely in a year's time
Fri 11/01/02 at 21:25
it's quite funny though watching some of the adults try to act all hard and cool. that guy from the tornado team with the long hair for example. i mean oh dear he just sounds like a proper nerd. also what's up with them letting their little 7 yr old kids near the microphone especially that little ginger haired brat from the bigger brother team he really gets on my nerves. killalot should pick him up with his lance and roast him over the flame pit
Mon 14/01/02 at 17:47
Regular
"He's back"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.