GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Microsoft enter arms race"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/02/03 at 19:34
Regular
http://www.when-consoles-attack.co.uk/xboxarms.gif

Microsoft have started the console arms race, by giving their Xbox a new lease of life with it's very own limbs!

The Xarms, as they will be known, will revolutionise Xbox gaming in ways never thought possible. Firstly, the arms will be able to hold two things at a time (one in each Xhand) so whilst playing a game your console could hold open a tips book for you. You could also hand your Xbox the pad when you get up, and it will take it in it's Xhands, and hold it until you return!

Games will also take advantage of the amazing capabilities of the Xarms, the first of which will be based on the hit Stallone movie, 'Over the Top'. In your quest to become the greatest arm wrestler the world has ever seen you will be able to physically arm wrestle with the Xarms, either right or left, through increasingly difficult matches.

The interactivity this new peripheral offers is just amazing, during cut scenes of torture, the Xhands could grasp at your wrist, and give you a Chinese burn, or perhaps a tender moment could be enhanced with a loving stroke.

Unfortunately the Xarms will set you back a few quid, costing £300. They also need to be specially installed in the Xbox, as there are no left and right ports for this peripheral on the Xbox, although new models will include the ports.

But really, considering what this can bring to the world of gaming, the cost is nothing.

Well done Microsoft!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''

(First in a new section on my site, Innovations)

But who can tell me where those arms come from?
Tue 11/02/03 at 22:44
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
that gives you all one more reason to buy an XBox!!!
Tue 11/02/03 at 22:40
"For the horde!!!!"
AfroJoe wrote:
> I want one.
>
> :-)

yeah and me but can it do hand stands?
Tue 11/02/03 at 22:36
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I want one.

:-)
Tue 11/02/03 at 21:18
"For the horde!!!!"
a laughed at that picture :D
two beer holders aaawwww
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:51
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
It was a great figure.
Nowhere near as good as the he man one or Cringer with the battlecat add ons. Or the one that smelled but it was still ace.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:48
Regular
"not dead"
AliBoy wrote:
> man-at-arms
> Just incase you didn't realise who I meant.

Excellent! Well done man, that was quick!
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
man-at-arms
Just incase you didn't realise who I meant.
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:44
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Meka Dragon wrote:

> But who can tell me where those arms come from?

The forth best he-man figure

Excellent stuff as usual.

:-)
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:41
Regular
"smelly boxers"
thats awesome

(i want to be a notable)
Tue 11/02/03 at 19:34
Regular
"not dead"
http://www.when-consoles-attack.co.uk/xboxarms.gif

Microsoft have started the console arms race, by giving their Xbox a new lease of life with it's very own limbs!

The Xarms, as they will be known, will revolutionise Xbox gaming in ways never thought possible. Firstly, the arms will be able to hold two things at a time (one in each Xhand) so whilst playing a game your console could hold open a tips book for you. You could also hand your Xbox the pad when you get up, and it will take it in it's Xhands, and hold it until you return!

Games will also take advantage of the amazing capabilities of the Xarms, the first of which will be based on the hit Stallone movie, 'Over the Top'. In your quest to become the greatest arm wrestler the world has ever seen you will be able to physically arm wrestle with the Xarms, either right or left, through increasingly difficult matches.

The interactivity this new peripheral offers is just amazing, during cut scenes of torture, the Xhands could grasp at your wrist, and give you a Chinese burn, or perhaps a tender moment could be enhanced with a loving stroke.

Unfortunately the Xarms will set you back a few quid, costing £300. They also need to be specially installed in the Xbox, as there are no left and right ports for this peripheral on the Xbox, although new models will include the ports.

But really, considering what this can bring to the world of gaming, the cost is nothing.

Well done Microsoft!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''

(First in a new section on my site, Innovations)

But who can tell me where those arms come from?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.