GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube: help me its in black and white"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/01/02 at 17:29
Regular
Hello

I got a gamecube on import, with a stepdown converter and, it said, all other leads I would need. I am certain I have set it up correctly, yet the picture is black and white. What can I do?
Fri 11/01/02 at 18:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Get a NTSC tv or converter. You have a PAL tv. The console is for NTSC tvs.

Also make sure that your cable is proper RGB SCART, not composite. You can usually tell by the connector (it's little more than 3 coloured plugs plugged into a SCART-like connector) but sometimes you can get SCARTS that look like RGB but are composite in disguise.
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:38
Regular
"¬_¬"
On the TV in our family room, it has three sets of AV slots on the back. After much puzzling as to why the picture on my first PlayStation was black, I ascertained that the first slot was US NTSC, the second was PAL and the third was also NTSC in some other format. However, I would also suggest checking that site if this isn't the case with yours.
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:33
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
DrDragon wrote:
> Hello

I got a gamecube on import, with a stepdown converter and, it said, all
> other leads I would need. I am certain I have set it up correctly, yet the
> picture is black and white. What can I do?

well if it's unstable black and white picture then your ` but if it's stable try this site for a converter:

http://www.threedoubleyou.com/converters.htm
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:31
"slightlyshortertagl"
HelloHowAreYou wrote:
> i dunno
"slightlyshortertagl"
i dunno
Regular
Get a NTSC tv or converter. You have a PAL tv. The console is for NTSC tvs.
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:29
Regular
"699 days!"
Hello

I got a gamecube on import, with a stepdown converter and, it said, all other leads I would need. I am certain I have set it up correctly, yet the picture is black and white. What can I do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.