GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War Games - Thumbs up or down?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 08:45
Regular
With a lot of consideration of war going on and Bush acting as mad as he always was ( I am not an anti-Americanist for all those Bushophiles out there)I find myself wondering whether developers are doing the right thing pushing out war games at a rate of knots. Sure they're fun, in a way, if you take no notice of current affairs, but is it the developers at fault or us?
If you have no idea what I'm talking about read on... ( that line sounds familiar...)
One could argue that developers are thoughtless, mindless beings for making violent, graphic games. But when you think about it, they're only doing it for the money they rake in from us, the Bloodthirsty General Public ( referred to as the B.G.P.) After all, it is us that fuel the making of such games. We buy and play them with such enjoyment that developers have no real choice but to make what's good for their income.
Are war games goood or bad? I say bad, but I am eager to her your opinions on the matter too.

Knick Knack
Wed 12/02/03 at 08:45
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
With a lot of consideration of war going on and Bush acting as mad as he always was ( I am not an anti-Americanist for all those Bushophiles out there)I find myself wondering whether developers are doing the right thing pushing out war games at a rate of knots. Sure they're fun, in a way, if you take no notice of current affairs, but is it the developers at fault or us?
If you have no idea what I'm talking about read on... ( that line sounds familiar...)
One could argue that developers are thoughtless, mindless beings for making violent, graphic games. But when you think about it, they're only doing it for the money they rake in from us, the Bloodthirsty General Public ( referred to as the B.G.P.) After all, it is us that fuel the making of such games. We buy and play them with such enjoyment that developers have no real choice but to make what's good for their income.
Are war games goood or bad? I say bad, but I am eager to her your opinions on the matter too.

Knick Knack
Wed 12/02/03 at 09:45
"Darkness, always"
The Mayans.
The Egyptians
The Carpathian barbarians
The Japanese
The Mongols
The Romans
The Danes
The Spanish
The French
The English
The Scottish
The Americans
The Russians

I could go on listing all of the people who have had vicious and bloody wars before the invention of electricity, let alone war games, but the above is example enough. Pretty much every nation has been involved in a war of some sort in its history, if not several. War games don't encourage nations to flap about in all-out war, nor do they encourage the general public to support such action by its nations leaders.

It's entertainment.
Wed 12/02/03 at 09:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
War games are good. I mean its not like its going to encourage world leaders to go to war.
Wed 12/02/03 at 09:51
"Darkness, always"
I believe that the most popular war game in the world is Chess. It's been around for hundreds of years, and I've yet to hear of someone thinking "I'm well hard at chess, so I'll take over the world".

Books have incited that sort of mindset, but few games have.

Anyone ever read Sun Tzu's The Art of War?
Wed 12/02/03 at 09:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Chess is good. Would you like to play me at chess some time IB?
Wed 12/02/03 at 09:55
"Darkness, always"
I'm better versed at the Art of War than chess. It's never been my game.
Wed 12/02/03 at 09:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im not that great either, so we are about even.
Wed 12/02/03 at 09:58
"Darkness, always"
"Know yourself, and know your enemy, and you will not be defeated in 100 battles"

Anyone who hasn't read the Art of War is missing out.
Wed 12/02/03 at 10:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Is that your way of saying you dont want to play?
Wed 12/02/03 at 10:04
"Darkness, always"
I certainly don't want to play while I'm at work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.