GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOAL - Advice please"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 09:08
Regular
Looking to get Skies of Arcadia Legends but I've never played an RPG before
Without spoilers - can anyone give a brief run down of the game
Wot is meant by "turn based battles" for instance ?
I'd appreciate any feedback
Wed 12/02/03 at 09:08
Regular
"# most wanted #"
Looking to get Skies of Arcadia Legends but I've never played an RPG before
Without spoilers - can anyone give a brief run down of the game
Wot is meant by "turn based battles" for instance ?
I'd appreciate any feedback
Wed 12/02/03 at 10:04
Regular
"aliens exist"
turn based battling id like this,

player one (you) select you character, attack or attacking sequence, then click 'yes' or 'go' and your character will attack or perform that move,
then
when your character/s have done this, player 2( your mate or computer)characters have their go to attack you or move, and then back to you, or the next player if playing with more than 2 people.
Wed 12/02/03 at 10:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Put simply, turn based battles rock.
Wed 12/02/03 at 10:05
Regular
"aliens exist"
(sorry forgot this) - think of it like this, rather than fighting at the same time, you take turns eg, your move, their move, your move, their move, etc etc
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:41
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
*looks shocked*

WS hasn't posted here yet!!!
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You better get used to Turn Based Battles if you are buying SoAL, as it is absolutely jam packed with them. You couldn't go a minute without having at least on in the DC version.
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Turn based battling is far more strategic - and very satisfying if you win a particularly hard fight, like on the classic Final Fantasy 7.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.