GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future of gaming, how far will they go?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/02/03 at 17:15
Regular
remember how computor games started out? pong
computor games have progressed so much in such a short space of time, but there is a limit to how much they can improve graphics, for now it stops at the television. what does the future hold for video gaming? virtual reality? pain sensation? well games are developed with people prancing around with sensor pads on, why cant games be played like that one day?
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:15
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
remember how computor games started out? pong
computor games have progressed so much in such a short space of time, but there is a limit to how much they can improve graphics, for now it stops at the television. what does the future hold for video gaming? virtual reality? pain sensation? well games are developed with people prancing around with sensor pads on, why cant games be played like that one day?
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:34
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
errrplease reply
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:34
"For the horde!!!!"
graphics will be improved but i think we are out of the oh i'm getting because it's graphics are excellent age and we are entering the age of multi type games (shooting/RPG elements/stealth etc.. in one game) and with bigger enviroments and possiblities. One important area which as only been touched on within the last few years is A.I, instead of a trooper just running up to you and then shooting in close range they run to an alerm to alert other troops, troops also respond to sound so stealth is becoming popular with developers.

games of the future
*improved graphics (no major steps compared to resent years)
*improved A.I (will massivly improve)
*enviroments (a lot bigger and a lot more interactive)
*Sound (one area that as been good from the start except the real old game formats that had bleeps and buzz noises)
*more games will include several game styles shoot/jump/stealth/protect etc...

feel free to add to this with what you think but don't flam me
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:36
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
well, ummm computor games will obviously try to attain photo realism in some games, others will try stylistic approaches. Pain sensations not a very nice idea. And virtual reality will probably give you some sort of "virtual-boy" style eye disease.
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:37
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Carnage2324 wrote:
> remember how computor games started out? pong

www.phi11ip.com/pong.swf
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:37
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
well games in these days have so many roles, from being the hunter, to being hunted, these aspects are being incorparated in games as well (e.g; mgs2 sountracks) but what will computor games be like in say, 100 years time?
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:39
"slightlyshortertagl"
what's a computor?
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:41
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
awsome where did u get that?
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:45
"For the horde!!!!"
Carnage2324 wrote:
> ) but what will computor games be like in say,
> 100 years time?

perhapes nowhere becasue the human race could be in the middle of a nuclear winter :P
Wed 12/02/03 at 17:47
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
the threat of nuclear war is greater than ever, it may not seem like it but it is

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.