GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:40
Regular
The game is being made independantly for the Gamecube, so it isn't a port of the PS2 version!

Features extras the PS2 version doesn't have and X-box live doesn't have. Is graphically better than the PS2 version by far and features a few Gamecube exclusive special effects.

The extra level(s?) is different from the PS2 version.

There is a GBA link up with Splinter Cell for the GBA.

This is how all multi-format games should be made, Like Soul CAlibur 2 with the 3 various characters. This game uses the hardware of each console, being made independantly. Take note EA if NAmco and Ubi Soft continue to do ports like this then you are in trouble. Yes truth be told Medal of Honor featured a nice multiplayer mode non-existant on the PS2 version but come on the game has the same graphics and the controls don't work as naturally as they could.... SORT IT!

Even excellent well thought out ports like Timesplitters 2 and Tony Hawks 4 are simply that, ports with PS2 graphics that work on all consoles well. The port of BITS Studios excellent game Die Hard: Vendetta for the PS2 is also a step in the right direction. A few of the nice effects are being downgraded but there is a multiplayer that was criticised, aiming is being sorted again a criticism sorted and there will be even more small additions such as the reduction of trial and error gameplay. These are technically improvements rather than using the power of the consoles.

You see THQ release a different wrestling game on all 3 consoles. Now Def Jam: Vendetta will be the best Wrestling game but ragarding the WWE variety why is there 3 different games. Smackdown is far superior to WWE Wrestlemania X8 on the Gamecube which in turn is better than RAW on X-box. Why not all use the same engine except Gamecube's uses the Cube's graphics and effects, a few extras and the Wrestlemania iconography, RAW uses the X-box graphics and the RAW iconography whilst Smackdown uses what it always uses. Why make 2 naff games and 1 alright one? Yes making decent ports can eat time but in some cases save time.

Dringo.
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:40
Regular
The game is being made independantly for the Gamecube, so it isn't a port of the PS2 version!

Features extras the PS2 version doesn't have and X-box live doesn't have. Is graphically better than the PS2 version by far and features a few Gamecube exclusive special effects.

The extra level(s?) is different from the PS2 version.

There is a GBA link up with Splinter Cell for the GBA.

This is how all multi-format games should be made, Like Soul CAlibur 2 with the 3 various characters. This game uses the hardware of each console, being made independantly. Take note EA if NAmco and Ubi Soft continue to do ports like this then you are in trouble. Yes truth be told Medal of Honor featured a nice multiplayer mode non-existant on the PS2 version but come on the game has the same graphics and the controls don't work as naturally as they could.... SORT IT!

Even excellent well thought out ports like Timesplitters 2 and Tony Hawks 4 are simply that, ports with PS2 graphics that work on all consoles well. The port of BITS Studios excellent game Die Hard: Vendetta for the PS2 is also a step in the right direction. A few of the nice effects are being downgraded but there is a multiplayer that was criticised, aiming is being sorted again a criticism sorted and there will be even more small additions such as the reduction of trial and error gameplay. These are technically improvements rather than using the power of the consoles.

You see THQ release a different wrestling game on all 3 consoles. Now Def Jam: Vendetta will be the best Wrestling game but ragarding the WWE variety why is there 3 different games. Smackdown is far superior to WWE Wrestlemania X8 on the Gamecube which in turn is better than RAW on X-box. Why not all use the same engine except Gamecube's uses the Cube's graphics and effects, a few extras and the Wrestlemania iconography, RAW uses the X-box graphics and the RAW iconography whilst Smackdown uses what it always uses. Why make 2 naff games and 1 alright one? Yes making decent ports can eat time but in some cases save time.

Dringo.
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:46
Regular
Conflict Dessert Storm is getting the same kind of great treatment for the Cube, i'd go find the press release but I'm sure you've all seen it already.

Drastic graphical and gameplay changes to make it the best version available on any console.
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:50
Regular
Shame it's mediocre
Wed 12/02/03 at 22:57
Regular
This sounds great, and I hope it's something most companies will do in the future.
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Splinter Cell rules.

Desert Storm sucks.

Good news.
Thu 13/02/03 at 19:38
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Desert Storm, i think is good, but i haven't played it, just had feedback from friend.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I had a demo on PC, and with mouse aiming and everything.

Its rubbish.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:10
"Uzi Lover"
This is my view on Splinter Cell...boring.
Thu 13/02/03 at 21:05
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Splinter Cell is great!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.