GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD box office - importmadness and the others..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 12:59
Regular
Quick question.

When you guys order your import games from either DVD BO of importmadness (if anyone has tried them yet) do you have to pay any import duty or tax when the game arrives? In the FAQ section of DVD BO it says that you are responsible for paying any tax or duty your country requires, they just charge you the stated price. So does this mean when the game arrives, you have to fork out more cash for tax.

only reason i ask is that with the tax on top it makes a quite a bit of difference to the overall price. If you don't have to pay the tax, then it's a bargain! Mate of mine ordered a JAP cube from Lik Sang a year or so ago and he had to pay import tax when the machine arrived at his front door - had to pay the DHL guy something like 40 quid.

Is this the same with games or do they go un noticed.

So, in sum. Do you play import tax onto of the price when buying from the Canadian based sites like DVD BO or Importmadness?

Cheers guys...
Thu 13/02/03 at 22:36
"The Will of D."
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> Well the auction i bought it from was resale, so the auctioneer
> technically broke the rules.

Then did you sell it to the next highest bidder?
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
if you used eBay, it is a licsenced outlet, and so you can resell things, I believe. This is also why you can sell games to shops. It is technically illegal to lend games to others as well, or at least it used to be.
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:43
Regular
"the burning sky"
Well the auction i bought it from was resale, so the auctioneer technically broke the rules.
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Because they aren't for resale. You need Nintendo's permission to re-sell their products.
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:37
Regular
"the burning sky"
Why's it illegal, Gerrid?
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:37
Regular
It's a value of over 48 squuid I'm sure, that's what it was about a year ago.
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:27
Regular
So how much do you think for something of value £43.67 will encur?
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I believe if its over £35 then you get customs attention. The size of the package also comes into play.
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:19
Regular
You only pay if it's over a certain price.

I thought it had to be £100 +
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> Then I sold one makin about £30 profit!!

Pleasingly illegal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.