GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Life's a game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 13:25
Regular
Hi, I’m Emeralda and I’m a newbie. Please feel free to bash me, as is the tradition for newbies. Anyway I just thought I’d introduce myself, and to make sure that my introduction doesn’t get classed as SPAM I’ll ask you all a question.

You see when ever things go wrong for me I’m always being told that “life’s a game” and sometimes you “have to take chances”. So my question is, if life is a game what are some of the elements from video games that you wish you could have in your life?

To get you started here are some of mine:

Being able to walk around with assorted weaponry without anybody batting an eyelid at you. I don’t want to use the weapons on any one; they just look so cool. Plus who is going to mess with you when you’re armed to the teeth.

When your bored and don’t have anything to do, being able to walk into a stranger’s house and start questioning them for clues as to what you should do next, without them getting all upset and calling the police.

Being able to wear bazaar skimpy clothing that shows off way too much flesh, with out people thinking that you are weird and ogling too much (some ogling is okay).

Also when buying clothes you don’t worry if your bum looks big in it, you worry what effects it will have on you stats. Excuse me Miss Shop Assistant did you say that this blouse would add 5 points to my defence?

Being able to carry hundreds of items around with you with out breaking you back or even showing any unsightly bulges.

Having certain areas filled with monsters where you can go and fight them for the experience and the money. It would certainly beat the 9 to 5 job I have now!

Every one having there own personal theme tune that plays when you meet someone new. Then you could judge their character by their music. I don’t like the sound of him did you hear those crashing cymbals?

And of course I’d love to be able to save and go back if I’ve made mistakes. Imagine the fun you could have as well. If your having a bad day at work or school and the boss/teacher is getting on your nerves, you could save, tell them exactly what you think of them, perhaps even give them a good beating and then you could go back to your last save point and it would be as if it never happened. You’d get all the satisfaction without losing your job/getting expelled.

I’ll stop there and give you a chance to voice your opinions. I think this is the longest first post I’ve ever written. Sorry about that!

- X -
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Don't worry, you seem alright.

*Examines*

oooo...
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Raised from oblivio"
Well I still can't seem to convince some people *glances in Little Hobbo's direction" but I'll get over it. As long as people don't start flaming me or my posts just because they think I'm someone else, then I can live with it. Prehaps it time I will come to be excepted for who I really am.
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:21
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
RoJ88 wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
>
> Erm... I'm a police officer, what did you say your address was?
>
> It's erm, um,...
> *runs*

*Chases*
Thu 13/02/03 at 20:00
Regular
"Not a Jew"
J-42 wrote:

> Erm... I'm a police officer, what did you say your address was?

It's erm, um,...
*runs*
Thu 13/02/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
RoJ88 wrote:
> Emeralda wrote
> Being able to walk around with assorted weaponry without anybody
> batting an eyelid at you. I don’t want to use the weapons on any
> one;
> they just look so cool. Plus who is going to mess with you when
> you’re
> armed to the teeth.
>
>
> I can do this, and I actually do it. Seriously. And nobody does bat
> an eyelid. Oh, hi there Mr.Policeman. What do you want?

Erm... I'm a police officer, what did you say your address was?

P.S. Hi Emerald
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:17
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Emeralda wrote>
> Being able to walk around with assorted weaponry without anybody
> batting an eyelid at you. I don’t want to use the weapons on any one;
> they just look so cool. Plus who is going to mess with you when you’re
> armed to the teeth.
>

I can do this, and I actually do it. Seriously. And nobody does bat an eyelid. Oh, hi there Mr.Policeman. What do you want?
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Trebuchet?
Thu 13/02/03 at 18:13
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Shadow Knight wrote:
> JAT = just arrived today

I prefer "Just Arrived Tw*t" or in place of all the 'Ts':

Twerp
T*t
Twit
Tulip
Trash
Tulala
Tramp

The list goes on
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:32
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Why accuse her of not being new though? What exactly do you hope to achieve?

If it is someone else under a new account, or just messing around, then congratualtions. Buy yourself a medal, you deserve it. On the other hand, if it's someone new, you'll most likely succeed in making them feel very uncomfortable indeed.
Thu 13/02/03 at 17:32
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Doh!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.