GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"could there be a ps3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/01/02 at 20:28
Regular
could there be a play station three tell me your views and what u think will be built into in like the bulitin dvd player in playstation 2 ok bye :)
Fri 11/01/02 at 18:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Dark Summit wrote:
> I believe that Sony, Toshiba and IBM are currently working on the PS3.

IBM have put work into the GC as well apparently.
Fri 11/01/02 at 18:06
Regular
"699 days!"
I have the PS2, yeah it is good but until the GameCube and XBox have been out for a while, we won't know which one is the best. Personally I think the GameCube will come out on top because it is cheaper than XBox and will have way better games than it and it is more powerful than PS2.
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:47
Regular
"maximum homerdrive"
PS3= well duh of course there will
Fri 11/01/02 at 14:04
I think that no matter what sony's gaming is allways gonna come on top. The playstation 2 is so successful because of the games, plus the consoles look cool. The games on ps2 really take advantage of the hardware, and the gameplay is legendry on most games. It may not be the most powerful console but that isn't always the way.
Fri 11/01/02 at 14:03
Mr Gynaecologist wrote:
> But the real question is WHY!? why do we need yet ANOTHER
> console!!! Why cant they just make an upgrade to one of
> the older modules!?

The two main reasons are thus

1) Sony / Nintendo / MS need to make money to sustain the enormous marketing campaigns they have... therefore, a new console every 5 years should do the trick
2) Consoles are not PCs, they are pretty hard wired. Sure, you can add peripherals, but eventually, technology will advance. Take a look at cars, how much would it cost manufacturers to install Air Bags on all oldeer models of cars?

> I see no point in going "ooooh look i will look sooooo
> cool having a PS3 the day it comes out because i will be > so special", i point at these people and say haha! i
> have £300 and i intend to spend it on alcahol! you have
> your games machine!

Hmmm. I notice you are a staff member, might I remind you that people who spend money on these things pay your wage!

Anyway, I suspect that you are a undercover agent who is just trying to liven the forum up a bit!!!
Fri 11/01/02 at 13:27
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
The Official Word from SCEJ is...

2004 - Japan
2006 - Europe
Thu 10/01/02 at 23:31
"I h8 ron atkinson"
But the real question is WHY!? why do we need yet ANOTHER console!!!

Why cant they just make an upgrade to one of the older modules!?

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I see no point in going "ooooh look i will look sooooo cool having a PS3 the day it comes out because i will be so special", i point at these people and say haha! i have £300 and i intend to spend it on alcahol! you have your games machine!
Thu 10/01/02 at 22:46
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i can also confirm its comming out, but will it play ps1 and ps2 games.
Thu 10/01/02 at 20:56
Regular
"metallica dude :)"
Sweet where did you read this the internet?
Thu 10/01/02 at 20:54
I believe that Sony, Toshiba and IBM are currently working on the PS3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.