GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"hardware help..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/02/03 at 09:24
Regular
Last night my cousin told me his PS2 is broke, this is the story he gave me.
he was playing the getaway and he used a cheat, whilst driving around he came across awhite 'wall' in the road which he could'nt pass but cars (traffic) could pass through it.
so he turned his machine off and on again, but the game would'nt load and the PS2 stayed on the browser/System config scren.
no ps2 game would load but psone games would.
anyway he deleted the system config file on his memory card and then only ssx tricky would load.

I lent him a dvd lens cleaner and advised him to use it then switch the machine off and leave it off overnight.

Any one got any other advice/remedies in case he comes back tonight and it still dont work?
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:24
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
hmmm that is indeed a weird problem, he should contact sony. maybe its a laser problem or something.
Fri 14/02/03 at 20:04
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
The getaway thing might be a coincidence. Are any of his games scratched? Do the games with a blue bottom still work, while those with a silver bottom don't (or vice versa).

Has he tried taking the memory card out and booting the games? Is the PS2 still in warrenty?
Fri 14/02/03 at 10:01
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Fri 14/02/03 at 09:24
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Last night my cousin told me his PS2 is broke, this is the story he gave me.
he was playing the getaway and he used a cheat, whilst driving around he came across awhite 'wall' in the road which he could'nt pass but cars (traffic) could pass through it.
so he turned his machine off and on again, but the game would'nt load and the PS2 stayed on the browser/System config scren.
no ps2 game would load but psone games would.
anyway he deleted the system config file on his memory card and then only ssx tricky would load.

I lent him a dvd lens cleaner and advised him to use it then switch the machine off and leave it off overnight.

Any one got any other advice/remedies in case he comes back tonight and it still dont work?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.