GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Lockup (feat. Bad Religion, Jimmy Eat World, AFI, Alkaline Trio++)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/01/02 at 18:42
Regular
Well, what can I say? This new show was on at 2am on Monday night/ Tuesday Morning, and lasted for 2 hours. I recorded it to MiniDisc, and have listened to it many times since. It was simply awesome, featuring Bad Religion in the studio being interviewed, and playing new tracks from the imminent new album 'Process of Belief'. The new tracks were AWESOME! The rest of the show was also damn good, and the only parts I didn't like were the hip hop songs (which weren't as numerous as I had expected) but all the punk rock stuff was great, and there was no Blink 182, Sum 41, New Found Glory stuff, it was all bands which are unheard of in the mainstream (although are relatively big in Punk circles)

Anyway, here is a track listing of all the Punk tracks (sorry, I deleted the hip hop or just not punky stuff from the MD)

Good Riddance- Fire Engine Red
Alkaline Trio- Private Eye
AFI- Days of the Phoenix
Jimmy Eat World- The Middle
The Vandals- Behind the music
Bouncing Souls- True Believers
Dropkick Murpheys- Good Rats
Bad Religion- Recipe For Hate (live)
Beatsteaks- Shut up, Stand up
The Hives- Main Offender
Pennywise- F*** Authority
Distillers- Oh Serena
Rancid- Junkie Man
Refused- Liberation Frequency
Descendents- I'm the One (live)

And finally a member from Agnostic Front chose three tracks that helped him get into Punk rock, and they were:
The Clash- Career Opportunities
Sex Pistols- Pretty Vacant
The Ramones- The Blitzkrieg Bop

And of course there were exclusive tracks from Bad Religions new album 'Process of Belief':

Sorrow
Broken
Supersonic
Kyoto Now
The Defence

All those five tracks were absolutely awesome! They seem to have a new vitality, with Brett back in Bad Religion, and Bad Religion back on Mr. Bretts Epitaph label. Brett Gurewitz and Gregg Graffin (of Bad Religion) both seemed very cool, and chose some awesome tracks, and just seemed nice guys all round. Other tracks were great, some of my favourites were the tracks by Good Riddance, AFI, Jimmy Eat World, The Vandals, The Beatsteaks, Pennywise and Refused. I now wish I had more money to buy some of the albums by some of those bands! The Lockup is on next Monday Night/ Tuesday Morn, and I know I'll be setting my alarm to record it! Next week AFI are in the studio, with live tracks, and likely talking about their move from long time label Nitro Records, owned by the Offsprings Dexter Holland. Also, The Alkaline Trio will be playing some tracks that helped them get into punk music.

Overall, awesome. Anyone who wishes to get into punk music (past Blink, Sum, etc.) should definitely check this show out, as it seems to be one of the few decent things played on Radio 1. Hopefully the show will continue getting guests of this quality, and will continue for a long time.
Fri 11/01/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
The Lockup is on Radio 1, on Mondays (Monday Night/ Tuesday Morn) at 2am in the morning...

Anyway, what tracks do you like and what bands... I'm always on the lookout for those with similar tastes in music to me.
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Some of the tracks you mentioned are good, but others such as the Jimmy Eat World track aren't. What is the Lockup on?
Thu 10/01/02 at 18:42
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Well, what can I say? This new show was on at 2am on Monday night/ Tuesday Morning, and lasted for 2 hours. I recorded it to MiniDisc, and have listened to it many times since. It was simply awesome, featuring Bad Religion in the studio being interviewed, and playing new tracks from the imminent new album 'Process of Belief'. The new tracks were AWESOME! The rest of the show was also damn good, and the only parts I didn't like were the hip hop songs (which weren't as numerous as I had expected) but all the punk rock stuff was great, and there was no Blink 182, Sum 41, New Found Glory stuff, it was all bands which are unheard of in the mainstream (although are relatively big in Punk circles)

Anyway, here is a track listing of all the Punk tracks (sorry, I deleted the hip hop or just not punky stuff from the MD)

Good Riddance- Fire Engine Red
Alkaline Trio- Private Eye
AFI- Days of the Phoenix
Jimmy Eat World- The Middle
The Vandals- Behind the music
Bouncing Souls- True Believers
Dropkick Murpheys- Good Rats
Bad Religion- Recipe For Hate (live)
Beatsteaks- Shut up, Stand up
The Hives- Main Offender
Pennywise- F*** Authority
Distillers- Oh Serena
Rancid- Junkie Man
Refused- Liberation Frequency
Descendents- I'm the One (live)

And finally a member from Agnostic Front chose three tracks that helped him get into Punk rock, and they were:
The Clash- Career Opportunities
Sex Pistols- Pretty Vacant
The Ramones- The Blitzkrieg Bop

And of course there were exclusive tracks from Bad Religions new album 'Process of Belief':

Sorrow
Broken
Supersonic
Kyoto Now
The Defence

All those five tracks were absolutely awesome! They seem to have a new vitality, with Brett back in Bad Religion, and Bad Religion back on Mr. Bretts Epitaph label. Brett Gurewitz and Gregg Graffin (of Bad Religion) both seemed very cool, and chose some awesome tracks, and just seemed nice guys all round. Other tracks were great, some of my favourites were the tracks by Good Riddance, AFI, Jimmy Eat World, The Vandals, The Beatsteaks, Pennywise and Refused. I now wish I had more money to buy some of the albums by some of those bands! The Lockup is on next Monday Night/ Tuesday Morn, and I know I'll be setting my alarm to record it! Next week AFI are in the studio, with live tracks, and likely talking about their move from long time label Nitro Records, owned by the Offsprings Dexter Holland. Also, The Alkaline Trio will be playing some tracks that helped them get into punk music.

Overall, awesome. Anyone who wishes to get into punk music (past Blink, Sum, etc.) should definitely check this show out, as it seems to be one of the few decent things played on Radio 1. Hopefully the show will continue getting guests of this quality, and will continue for a long time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.