GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official PS2 Package (£299)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/09/00 at 03:17
Regular
I have just visited Playstation's official PS2 section of it's Web Site, and have got the pack that you get in the box:

Playstation 2 Console
Dual Shock 2 Controller
8MB Memory Card
Demo Disc
AV Multi Cable
AC Power Cord

This is what the pack will include, which means that there is no need for an extra 8MB Memory card, as it was rumoured the PS2's released in America had Hardware decoding for DVD Movies, meaning the 8MB Memory card will be free for saving game files as it should be. Any thoughts about this???
Sat 09/09/00 at 01:19
There just might be a problem that Sony may have not disclosed to anyone, and just keeping a tight lid on things for now. One of the reasons could be the coding to the Pal Version of the PS2, but what if Sony already have the capacity to deliver enough machines, but are trying to fix any minor bugs before the release on November 24th, as there are always reasons for those "RESET" buttons, and the first few games might just have minor bugs, but there have been no complaining from Japan, so that might just be fine. I have heard that PS2 games are going to be at least £44.99, as in places like Dixons and Currys, where they have those "Entertainment" packages, it states you are allowed to pick any 2 PS2 games from the "£44.99 price range and under" which might mean they are as much as £49.99, but as per usual the prices for all PS2 games will come down over time!
Fri 08/09/00 at 11:51
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Still early days yet, we have no idea, really, how the European PS2 will operate compared to the Yank and Jap counterpart, unless there is more detailed information forthcoming from Sony.

They keep stalling on their release date, do you think perhaps there may be unforeseen problems with the PS2?
Fri 08/09/00 at 03:17
I have just visited Playstation's official PS2 section of it's Web Site, and have got the pack that you get in the box:

Playstation 2 Console
Dual Shock 2 Controller
8MB Memory Card
Demo Disc
AV Multi Cable
AC Power Cord

This is what the pack will include, which means that there is no need for an extra 8MB Memory card, as it was rumoured the PS2's released in America had Hardware decoding for DVD Movies, meaning the 8MB Memory card will be free for saving game files as it should be. Any thoughts about this???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.