GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2:- Emotion, yes. Imagination, Zero Points"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/09/00 at 01:06
Regular
Look, naming a product is an artform, Ford have known this for years, bringing out complete rubbish with catchy names like "Ka" and "Mondeo" etc.

But Sony? No, don't be silly, the new version of the PS will be called...wait for it...the PS2!!! Ha, they must have sat around a boardroom table for many a sleepless night before they came up with that one.

Now, we all love Sony, bless us, else why else would we be here? But don't you think they could have come up with a better name than PS2? Even the Sony PS Ka sounds better.

So, fans of fun, let's all get together and think of some nice names to send to Sony for when they bring out PS2's next generation, and let's just pray they don't just call it...wait for it...you guessed, the PS3.

I'll start you off:- PSTrois, PSTree, PSDrei, PSIII, PSEmotionLotion, PSFree, PSRevolution, PSFunBox......
Mon 11/09/00 at 17:38
Regular
I may just have to argue on behalf of Star Wars here,
Episode one- The Phantom menace
Episode two- Jar Jars Adventure (NO! ARGGHHHH!!!!)

Episode four- A New Hope
Episode five- The Empire Strikes Back (By far the best)
Episode six- Return of the Jedi (Although the end of this is great)
All rather different? Yes.
How about Playstation 3? Thats what they are going to call it anyway.
Sat 09/09/00 at 15:31
It has to be called PlayStation because it is a catchy name, Over 75 million people thought so. It's like a sequel to a movie. Not a lot of sequels had totally different titles than it's prequel. (Godfather Part II, Aliens, Terminator 2, Scream, Austin Powers 2, Star Trek 1-6, The Karate Kid 1-4, The Star Wars Series, Universial Soldier 1-3) need I go on with games being like that also (Quake 1-3, Turok 1-3, Wipeout 1-3, Final Fantasy I- XI) The only exceptions are the Bond Movies and the Command & Conquer Series. PlayStation is Sony's name for it's family of game consoles. Sega are imaginative with their consoles now but they aren't as popular like the time the Master System & Mega Drive (Catchy names)were out during the golden days of Sega. Nintendo haven't got any imagination over the names of their consoles but do have the Game Boy Family ( Game Boy Original, Pocket Color and Advance.)This proves to show that the lucky 400 out of every million people in the UK will enjoy recieving their PS2 in 76 days time.
Sat 09/09/00 at 14:05
Or, the Pony Gaystation!
Sat 09/09/00 at 14:05
How about Pony Sony the Third?
Fri 08/09/00 at 18:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
How about Sony GameStation??
Fri 08/09/00 at 01:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Look, naming a product is an artform, Ford have known this for years, bringing out complete rubbish with catchy names like "Ka" and "Mondeo" etc.

But Sony? No, don't be silly, the new version of the PS will be called...wait for it...the PS2!!! Ha, they must have sat around a boardroom table for many a sleepless night before they came up with that one.

Now, we all love Sony, bless us, else why else would we be here? But don't you think they could have come up with a better name than PS2? Even the Sony PS Ka sounds better.

So, fans of fun, let's all get together and think of some nice names to send to Sony for when they bring out PS2's next generation, and let's just pray they don't just call it...wait for it...you guessed, the PS3.

I'll start you off:- PSTrois, PSTree, PSDrei, PSIII, PSEmotionLotion, PSFree, PSRevolution, PSFunBox......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.