GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Nintendo Europe needs."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/02/03 at 22:21
Regular
We have seen it too many times before, countless times in fact; over and over again.
The European market from Nintendo still isn't on the level of what is necessarily acceptable to you and I- the modern gamer.
Sure I would be the first to admit that as it stands Nintendo of Europe are better than they once where, but their so-called improvement ideals they told us about are apparently utter nonsense.

What Nintendo of Europe should be doing is listening to the public, what we want, when we want things, how we want them and so forth.
For instance, at the moment we hear that Nintendo didn't do too well last Christmas compared to the third position X-Box, last Christmas saw Nintendo fall radically behind the Number three console.
Now what Nintendo of Europe should have realised is that they needed a killer title out there at that time, Metroid Prime was that answer, but it never appeared.
How come Ubi-Soft could come up with a European release for Splinter Cell so quickly after the North American releases? I suppose that question has been asked before, but the thing is Nintendo had absolutely no excuse in not releasing Metroid Prime in time for Christmas.
Yes I know that Nintendo's "So-Called" excuse was the Language barrier of Europe, nonsense I say, they could have worked that bit extra hard in coming up with a very important release for the European Nintendo Gamer. Microsoft and Sony do it, why not Nintendo?
Nintendo have the capacity to do it, back in 1998 we saw Nintendo release Zelda: Ocarina of Time worldwide within days of each territory and translations to boot. Their reason for not doing that with Metroid Prime is beyond me, is it lazyness for Retro Studios part, or just pure blatant/mindless attitudes towards the largest Gaming Territory on Earth?

But we get Metroid for March, fair enough we get it. But Nintendo never ceases to stop with their stupidity. Animal Crossing has been cancelled out for a European release, the reason being, by Nintendo: "It won't sell well". That people is pure nonsense again, instead Nintendo are going to release a PAL version of the game in Australia, a territory that not entirely thinks the Gamecube to be too popular going by recent sales figures, so how is it going to sell there?
And Im not going to go on about Zelda.
But, do you know that could change Nintendo's attitude? The Freeloader, hopefully from this little device European gamers would end up buying recent Import releases and from this will give Nintendo of Europe a huge Kick up the back-side, which they so desperately need.
Anyone agree?
Fri 14/02/03 at 22:31
Regular
nope
Fri 14/02/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
We have seen it too many times before, countless times in fact; over and over again.
The European market from Nintendo still isn't on the level of what is necessarily acceptable to you and I- the modern gamer.
Sure I would be the first to admit that as it stands Nintendo of Europe are better than they once where, but their so-called improvement ideals they told us about are apparently utter nonsense.

What Nintendo of Europe should be doing is listening to the public, what we want, when we want things, how we want them and so forth.
For instance, at the moment we hear that Nintendo didn't do too well last Christmas compared to the third position X-Box, last Christmas saw Nintendo fall radically behind the Number three console.
Now what Nintendo of Europe should have realised is that they needed a killer title out there at that time, Metroid Prime was that answer, but it never appeared.
How come Ubi-Soft could come up with a European release for Splinter Cell so quickly after the North American releases? I suppose that question has been asked before, but the thing is Nintendo had absolutely no excuse in not releasing Metroid Prime in time for Christmas.
Yes I know that Nintendo's "So-Called" excuse was the Language barrier of Europe, nonsense I say, they could have worked that bit extra hard in coming up with a very important release for the European Nintendo Gamer. Microsoft and Sony do it, why not Nintendo?
Nintendo have the capacity to do it, back in 1998 we saw Nintendo release Zelda: Ocarina of Time worldwide within days of each territory and translations to boot. Their reason for not doing that with Metroid Prime is beyond me, is it lazyness for Retro Studios part, or just pure blatant/mindless attitudes towards the largest Gaming Territory on Earth?

But we get Metroid for March, fair enough we get it. But Nintendo never ceases to stop with their stupidity. Animal Crossing has been cancelled out for a European release, the reason being, by Nintendo: "It won't sell well". That people is pure nonsense again, instead Nintendo are going to release a PAL version of the game in Australia, a territory that not entirely thinks the Gamecube to be too popular going by recent sales figures, so how is it going to sell there?
And Im not going to go on about Zelda.
But, do you know that could change Nintendo's attitude? The Freeloader, hopefully from this little device European gamers would end up buying recent Import releases and from this will give Nintendo of Europe a huge Kick up the back-side, which they so desperately need.
Anyone agree?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.