GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Videogame Heaven"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/01/02 at 11:13
Regular
If by some unfortunate twist of fate you were too die right now, and your soul (or spirit or whatever you want to call it) flitters upward and beyond to the Pearly Gates where you are confronted by an Angel of God who informs you that -

(Angel): "Because you have spent a great deal of your life participating in the irreligious pasttime of videogames, you are not eligible to enter into the holy realm of Heaven; but seeing that you have not been a bad person, the Almighty has decreed that you should spend your Afterlife in a place of your own choosing, but with one condition: THIS PLACE MUST BE SOMEWHERE WHICH YOU VISITED WHILST PLAYING A VIDEOGAME."

The Angel allows you a brief time to ponder which videogame environment you will choose to spend all eternity.
You begin to think.....

~THE MAGICAL OPTION~
Hmmm, perhaps it would be best to choose a place of wonder, clear water and happy laughter - somewhere like MarioLand.
I could spent my time throwing snowballs at giant snowmen.
I could jump and glide from grassy knoll to flowery hill collecting glittering golden stars.
I could live in a lavish castle, play golf with friendly dinosaurs and talk nonsense to various outlandish characters.

~THE DARK OPTION~
Then again, the 'Magical Option' is all a bit nice and airy-fairy and would probably get boring after a while.
Maybe I should choose the path of the darkness - somewhere like the twisted underearth of Quake.
Yes, I could spend all eternity patrolling a shadowy labyrinth armed with weapons of mass destruction flamboyantly blowing away hellish beasts.
There would be no 'real' danger because I am immortal.

~THE FUN OPTION~
But would endless and mindless slaughter lose its fizz after the 10,000th victim?
Hmmm, perhaps I should plump for a place of pure fun - somewhere like madcap city streets of Crazy Taxi.
Yes, I could spend the never-ending sunny San Fransisco day driving about like a crazy cool cat and no one would get hurt.
Surely this would be the best option?

~THE SURREAL OPTION~
But maybe 100% fun, fun, fun would make me feel queasy after a while?
Perhaps I should go for something truly weird - like one of Pacman's mazes.
Or the pingy magnetic realm of Vib Ribbon.
Or the trance-like wireframe landscape of Rez....

Oh so many options! So many choices! Which gaming environment should I choose as my everlasting Videogame Heaven?

"So," interrupts the Angel in a commanding voice, "your thinking time is up. It is time to declare your eternal preference. Please state the location of your Videogame Heaven...."

Well? Where would you go?
Sat 19/01/02 at 16:51
Regular
I'd chosse Tokyo-to from Jet Set Radio. Spending all day grinding around the day/sunset/night cities with cool characters like Cube and Tab. I could express myself by creating new forms of graffiti art, and also I could endlessly annoy the cops and never get caught. So mine would be the "fun" option.
Mon 14/01/02 at 12:45
Good question.......

Maybe a Lula game or something like that..... :)
Sat 12/01/02 at 12:39
Regular
Strafex wrote:
>Alright, I'd live in Hyrule at first.
Living a peaceful
> life, killing monsters here and there, wandering around as I feel like
> it...
And if I get bored, I'll wait until the Smash Brother Tournament comes
> to Hyrule and then htich a lift with one of the fighters to their own
> land.
The forest retreat of Donkey Kong's Country.
Great if you like
> bananas...
I could follow captain Falcon to the F-Zero races (being immortal,
> I can fall off the edge of the track as much as I want, only I'll have to pay
> for a new ship :-(! )
If I get really bored, I'll lend Mario a hand with the
> plumming.
As for some shooting, I'm sure that bounty hunter Samus will have
> plenty to do.
I could travel with her across the galaxy destroyingg monsters
> for bounty.
I wonder what she looks like under that suit...

Ahh, NINTENDO HEAVEN - sounds like "HELL" to me!

*(only joking)*
Fri 11/01/02 at 10:11
Regular
"DS..."
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> Jonman wrote:
> Call me shallow, but.... Leisure Suit Larry...?

Who the
> 'ell is "Leisure Suit Larry"?!?

indeed?
slik ~_~
Fri 11/01/02 at 07:36
Regular
Jonman wrote:
> Call me shallow, but.... Leisure Suit Larry...?

Who the 'ell is "Leisure Suit Larry"?!?
Thu 10/01/02 at 18:01
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Maybe in the Baldurs Gate universe... so much to do...
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:58
wherever the dead or alive chicks hang out!!!
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:57
In Skies Of Arcadia

Hahar! Says I!!!!! Hahar!
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:30
Regular
Muah. Easy choice....when the Lord of the Rings game comes out.
Thu 10/01/02 at 16:14
Regular
There's no doubt that the world of GTA3 would be a cool place to spend all eternity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.