GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MK:DA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance'.
Sat 15/02/03 at 19:02
Regular
Got it this morning from SR - it is seriously good, lots of blood and stuff. Can't get quite how to do the good fatalities yet but im getting there and the game is ace :-) - Im getting my mate round later to try the multiplayer out, sweeet.
Sun 16/02/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I bought a load of stuff from the krypt this morning and theres still loads of koffins left.

The letter "K" is overused in the game I think!

I reviewed the game just now

uk.special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/customer.php?code=GC1764

If you want to read it.
Sun 16/02/03 at 12:44
Regular
Fatalities with the Xbox controller are fairly easy (excluding Sonia's which is very hard). You have to press the combinations at a lightening speed to pull them off and unlike the original Mortal Kombat they can be performed anywhere. It doesn't matter how far you are away from your enemy as this time it goes to a cinematic view point. Make sure you press the buttons VERY quickly leaving about 0.5 of a second between each press otherwise it won't work. If you stay kicking distance away from your enemy then if the fatality doesn't work you can have another go without knocking him out. Kano's fatality is fairly easy to so try that one first and then move onto the more complicated ones.
Sun 16/02/03 at 12:40
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Kyz22 wrote:
> I prefer sub zero as you can stick your sword right through your
> opponent and it stays there (heheheh).
>
> Havent bought anything from the krypt yet but I will later I recon!
>
> I can NOT do the fatalities though :-( help!

First, look on the internet for a fatality, check out gamefaqs.com, then once you have a finishing move, eg when the voice says finish her/him, press the button to change styles and change to the fatality style. Then simply pull of the move you got from the internet.

Please note that you don't have to be on the fatality style but it was made to make fatalities easier!
Sun 16/02/03 at 10:26
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I prefer sub zero as you can stick your sword right through your opponent and it stays there (heheheh).

Havent bought anything from the krypt yet but I will later I recon!

I can NOT do the fatalities though :-( help!
Sat 15/02/03 at 22:00
Regular
I got the game yesterday for the Xbox and it is a brilliant game. I believe there are 667 unlockables and that is excluding empty coffins. My favourite character is Scoropion but that is because he is designed for beginners and I am starting to move onto the more complicated characters. The Konquest mode is excellent as it gives you a chance to earn Koins whilst learning about the individual characters in the game. I am a bit disappointed with the finishers although Johny Cage's is excellent to say the very least. I have purchased a lot of goodies from the Krypt but as of yet I haven't purchased a character. The Krypt is absolutley HUGE and the sheer size of it will blow you away.

The graphics are nice although they aren't a scratch on Dead or Alive 3 or Resident Evil. What impressed me most about the graphics was the particles and lighting. The blood actually drips and runs down the body and the blood spilt in any level will stay there right until the end. Arcade mode is standard and as you increase the amount of Koins given for that fight also increases. There are different Koins to collect and they vary depending on the task. Platinum Koins are always given away for Mini games and Ruby, Saphire and Gold for fights and some Konquests. The hardest Koins to find are the Silver coins but I haven't really required them yet as I am just skipping around the Krypt opening what could be a possible character.

If you like unlockables, nice graphics and classic old school Mortal Kombat gameplay then you can't go wrong with Deadly Alliance. However (and this is a big however) if you are expecting ultra fast gameplay and smooth combo's you may be disappointed. The moves take time to learn and they are difficult to master. I originally expected lighting fast gameplay like I witnessed in Dead or Alive 3 but after a few battles I quickly realised that the game was different. If you think bashing buttons will win fights then you are wrong and you won't get far in the game. For those who are prepared to put the time in though will gain a lot from Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and if you enjoyed previous installments of the game you will love what Midway have patched together.

A worthy purchase and at last a Mortal Kombat that I can enjoy!
Sat 15/02/03 at 20:49
If you have the cash, buy a GC to PS2 controller converter, and a PS2 pad if you don't have one - I've used it for TimeSplitters 2 and Capcom vs SNK now, and it's noticably better because

a) (TS2) aiming isn't as twitchy on the right analog stick;
b) (TS2) I prefer shooting with a digital button feel, if you know what I mean; and
c) (Capcom) The D-Pad on PS2 is comfier and more accurate when playing.
Sat 15/02/03 at 20:19
Regular
It's 676 altogether. Although some koffins are empty.
Sat 15/02/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
900 character and arenas and stuff yep: I think.

I dont know if theres an option to use the control stick, havent looked in settings to be honest but I think the moves sets are fixed.
Sat 15/02/03 at 20:08
Regular
When i first got i thought it was pretty average and the Konquest is highly tedious.

It's got better now though.
Sat 15/02/03 at 19:40
"Uzi Lover"
There's like 900 unlockables though right? That's enough for me.

Is there an option for you to control by the 3D Stick? I don't use the D-pad on Soul Calibur, Cpacom vs SNK 2 EO even though it's suppose to be better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.