GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has wrestling changed that much?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/01/02 at 19:55
Regular
The other day i sat down to watch the mummy returns and then it struck me. The Rock is the new Hulk Hogan! He gets the crowd going, they both have a ridiculous that involves ingaging the crowd, then running from rope to rope and finishing it off with a fancy drop. (thats the leg drop for Hulk and People's elbow for The Rock)

There are many other wrestlers that may not have the same moves, but in some way they feel as if they are the same. See if you can understand what i mean.

Legion of Doom - Hardy Boyz
Earthquake and Tyhoon - Undertaker and Kane
Bushwakers - Dudley Boyz
The Barber (can't remember his name)- Y2J
Jimmy Superfly - RVD
Ultimate Warrior - Triple H
Jake the Snake - Kurt Angle
Macho Man - Austin
These are just a few examples. Maybe im the only one that can see this. What does everyone else think?

Wrestling may have become a bit more bloodthirsty and commercially driven. But the athletacism is still as good, if not better. And alot more matchs seem to be becoming more straight forward recently, there seem to be far less complicated and aggressive stipulations.

Take aolt of Rock - Booker T matches, they are normally just matches, no ladders, no rings of fire, not even any special referees!! And these are two of the biggest names in the business at the mo!

RVD is an amazing athlete, he seems to feel comfortable in the ring, alot of wrestlers seem to only want to go to parts of the ring where they no that they will recieve the rehurst moves. RVD is very fluent. When fighting other good wrestlers, the matches tend to be seemless and much more enjoyable.

Although there is alot more T&A in wrestleing at the mo (im not talkin about Test and Albert) There is not that much more than there used to be. We first had Sunny and Mulla. Now we have Stephanie, Terri, Trish and Debra. And sopme of these women CAN wrestle! even though we never get to see it.

What do you all think? is the WWF just as good as it used to be?
Fri 11/01/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Guess who..."
hey, don't diss the warrior!
Fri 11/01/02 at 15:29
Regular
"That's right!"
HHH is a very talented wrestler and entertainer... Ultimate Warrior wasn't
Fri 11/01/02 at 11:24
Regular
"..."
Statement...and I know he's only a dork because thats the character he plays, but Jake was probably just playing a dark character.
Fri 11/01/02 at 11:19
was that a question or a statement? if that was a statement then i think you are wrong. For a couple of weeks in December, angle was quite a strong character
Fri 11/01/02 at 11:11
Regular
"..."
Except...Jake was dark...Kurt is a dork?
Fri 11/01/02 at 09:47
Well Jake the Snake and Kurt Angle are both anti-heros. you don't know if you should love em or hate em. Thats what makes them similar.

Like take the whole warrior-snake feud, that made jake very dark.

The angle-austin feud now is quite the same.
Thu 10/01/02 at 19:51
Regular
"Guess who..."
I suppose in a way he did go round saying stuff like; 'follow the Lord your God' which I totally agree with, and 'John 3:16 says...' Which is actually where Austin got his Austin 3:16 stuff from!
Thu 10/01/02 at 18:58
Regular
He's a Snake hero! LOL
Thu 10/01/02 at 18:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Angle is so unlike Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Since when did he go around saying "I'm an Olympic Hero" or other crap like that?
Thu 10/01/02 at 18:26
Regular
"Guess who..."
Yah, I thought you might.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.