GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Longest threads -why are some long and some short??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/02/03 at 22:51
Regular
Why are longest threads either long or short? The reason is if you like whoever started it. I started one but got dissed for 19 messages. Someone got over 50,000 messages and has total respect. So to anyone else who is thinking of starting a longest thread. Think , do the members of special reserve like you?
If yes -you may get a load of messages and popularity rises
If no -you will get 20 messages all insulting you

So other newbies, don't start any more WLT because one is enough and no way in hell are you going to get over 50,000 messages in your favor.The people starting WLT's are more experenced than me [at the moment] or any newbie!!!
Mon 17/02/03 at 09:47
Regular
the new link kpzz234 wrote:
> Why are longest threads either long or short?

Because some were started years ago, and the large number encourages people to keep posting there, these are large. Others are started off, but never really get going, and are short. There are medium sized ones though as well. Not actual "longest threads" but Final Fantasy threads and stuff like that, where the post totals have reached 3000+

> Someone got over 50,000 messages and has total respect.

lol! I don`t think so! It was me that started that thread, and not many people on this forum know me anymore. The only reason it was a success was that it was the first on this forum, not the eighth.

> do the members of special reserve like you?

Its not like that. The one in FOG was started by Kon Artis, and I don`t remember ever speaking to him, or even seeing any other posts by him. He was just in the right place at the right time. It was a new idea then, and people enjoyed extending the thread.

As you say, each forum only needs one longest thread, otherwise some longest threads aren`t actually longest. Don`t be put off making other topics though, there are plenty of things to do besides making long threads.
Mon 17/02/03 at 09:18
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
We already have a longest thread in this forum. It was started a Year and a half ago and has been going strong ever since. What would be the point in having several longest threads.

Since loads of newbies start longest threads which sink without a trace, we have all got just a little fed up of them.

Does that answer your question?
Mon 17/02/03 at 08:58
Regular
"And some more !"
you write to much i cant read al that its too annoying it makes my eyes hurt tell me what the post is a bout in 3 words and ill post something youre making this all boring
Sun 16/02/03 at 22:51
"Don't mess with me"
Why are longest threads either long or short? The reason is if you like whoever started it. I started one but got dissed for 19 messages. Someone got over 50,000 messages and has total respect. So to anyone else who is thinking of starting a longest thread. Think , do the members of special reserve like you?
If yes -you may get a load of messages and popularity rises
If no -you will get 20 messages all insulting you

So other newbies, don't start any more WLT because one is enough and no way in hell are you going to get over 50,000 messages in your favor.The people starting WLT's are more experenced than me [at the moment] or any newbie!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.