GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Look, GTA: Vice City for the PC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Mon 17/02/03 at 01:56
Regular
From cybershackonline.com:

"Rockstar Games has announced that the PC version of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is scheduled for release in the US on May 15 and in Europe on May 16.

The PC version will feature enhanced graphics and sound, additional PC controls, and several options to allow players to customize the game."

Who would have thought it, eh?
Mon 17/02/03 at 01:56
From cybershackonline.com:

"Rockstar Games has announced that the PC version of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is scheduled for release in the US on May 15 and in Europe on May 16.

The PC version will feature enhanced graphics and sound, additional PC controls, and several options to allow players to customize the game."

Who would have thought it, eh?
Mon 17/02/03 at 19:10
Sweet dude, but wont ps2 users get annoyed seems as it was only ment to be released on ps2.
well, ill believe it when i see it, and when i see it ill get it!
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Nah, it's only console exclusive. Quite a few "exclusive" console games get released on PC.
Tue 18/02/03 at 10:33
"Darkness, always"
Don't know why they bother myself.
Tue 18/02/03 at 10:37
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Stop sulking.
Tue 18/02/03 at 10:40
"Darkness, always"
My point is, some games are better suited to PC. The forthcoming release of Halo being a case in point, but things like GTA may very well be a laugh a minute on a PS2, but having played GTA3 on my PC, it got boring after about ten minutes.

I injected some life into it with cheat codes and such, so it lasted almost half an hour, but still, I'd rather sit in a corner, coat my thumb in cyanide and suck it while repeatedly jabbing myself in the leg with a small kitchen knife.
Tue 18/02/03 at 11:17
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Aha, now I have something to work with. Your opinions of GTA3 from a few months ago were based solely on the PS2 version, and even then you hated it. So how come you suddenly agree that its alright on console?

Also, it hasn't actually changed that much during conversion. Many games are ruined by poor conversions, but GTA3 is not in that number. In fact it was improved for PC, bar the performance issues obviously. So you can't really accept one while shunning the other.
Tue 18/02/03 at 11:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I personally prefer Mafia and The Getaway to the GTA series, but I'll no doubt put Driver 3 over the lot of them when that's finally released. As for Vice City, yes it's a good game and very entertaining, but it suffers from some of the same problems that where present in the original GTA3.

Mainly it gets boring after a while. After the main missions are done there's little else to do except trek around the city looking for hidden packages or doing some kill-a-thon frenzies, which some may find fun, but I want more structure to the game, not something that just passes the time.
Tue 18/02/03 at 11:59
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
gta 3 for the pc was poor compared to the version for the ps2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.