GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FUNNY THINGS ON SPLINTER CELL"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Mon 17/02/03 at 12:04
Regular
while i was playing on splinter cell at the weekend, i ran out of bullets.
then my friend suggested i pick up the bottle to the side of me and throw it at the guard.

guess what?

it worked and knocked him out a treat.
try it, it is quite funny
Tue 04/03/03 at 20:13
Regular
"BOSE"
hehe! now that's called funny
Tue 04/03/03 at 19:58
Regular
"He's back"
once, I was in the chinese embassy, where you can't shoot anyone. i walked into the main building's gardens(using the truck) and I was caught in the eye of an enemy. He ran out, but then got ran over by the truck.

In the end, I was blamed for the killing, and the mission was failed.

Annoying, but equally as funny.
Sun 23/02/03 at 02:46
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
Some people are entertained so easily :0)
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:38
Regular
LOL. i remember i was playing SC with a mate and we were trying out the sticky camera knock out.. It worked a few times, and we thought bonus. Then as we were to call it a day, i said to him "hang on a sec, let me try summin.."

A few seconds later i spotted a guy about 50-60 meters and and lined up the shot. Fired the camera way up into the sky. BLAPTZZ!, the camera hits the ground and im thinking that i missed like a fool, but about half a second later this chinese gaurds head ( i was doing chinese emb part II) fell right in front of the camera...

My and my mate were in histerics and we decided not to call it a day and played an extra few hours trying to do this again.... it hasnt as of yet... but i still try it everytime i play.
Sun 23/02/03 at 00:30
Regular
"Mudda owns BEARDS :"
Daveus wrote:
> NOTORIOUS JCP wrote:
> while i was playing on splinter cell at the weekend, i ran out of
> bullets.
> then my friend suggested i pick up the bottle to the side of me and
> throw it at the guard.
>
> guess what?
>
> it worked and knocked him out a treat.
> try it, it is quite funny
>
> hehe, yeah. i did that once. i was like, "hehe, b***h!
> :-P"
>
> also sticky and diversional cameras can be used to hit people. they
> kinda work like your elbow. two fired cameras at someone'll knock them
> out...two elbows in the face from Sam'll knock them out. not sure how
> many cameras it takes from behind to know someone out though ;-)
>
>
> i hope in the second Splinter Cell that Sam knows alot more combat
> moves. he's an ex-navy seal or something right? Casey Ryback's an
> ex-navy seal too. if you've seen the Under Seige films...you'll know
> what i'm saying! :-)

That's enough moves to learn for one lifetime I think. Perhaps because I'm a PS2 gamer, I just found it hard to get to grips with...
Fri 21/02/03 at 10:25
Regular
"He's back"
Daveus wrote:
> i hope in the second Splinter Cell that Sam knows alot more combat
> moves. he's an ex-navy seal or something right? Casey Ryback's an
> ex-navy seal too. if you've seen the Under Seige films...you'll know
> what i'm saying! :-)

Has the sequel of splinter cell been annoucned? I wouldn't count on what sam says in his 'interview'
Thu 20/02/03 at 17:03
Regular
"BOSE"
NOTORIOUS JCP wrote:
> while i was playing on splinter cell at the weekend, i ran out of
> bullets.
> then my friend suggested i pick up the bottle to the side of me and
> throw it at the guard.
>
> guess what?
>
> it worked and knocked him out a treat.
> try it, it is quite funny

hehe, yeah. i did that once. i was like, "hehe, b***h! :-P"

also sticky and diversional cameras can be used to hit people. they kinda work like your elbow. two fired cameras at someone'll knock them out...two elbows in the face from Sam'll knock them out. not sure how many cameras it takes from behind to know someone out though ;-)

i hope in the second Splinter Cell that Sam knows alot more combat moves. he's an ex-navy seal or something right? Casey Ryback's an ex-navy seal too. if you've seen the Under Seige films...you'll know what i'm saying! :-)
Thu 20/02/03 at 02:20
"Lemon eyewash"
LOL the wall thing is funny but who remebers games like duke nukem and doom where the bad guys feet always faced you when you moved round the body...freaky.

and how do you knock em out with the cam thingy?

and yeah i knew about the bottle thing as i tried it in the demo Sav had and i got my butt kicked trying to smash the guy in the face with it LOL but i like throwing stuffy to distract them like a nice can of coke to the head hehe
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:55
Regular
Heh reminds me of a certain first person shooter on the good ol' N64... something to do with James Bond and eyes and gold and stuff.

Hmmmm cabbage.
Mon 17/02/03 at 19:23
Have you noticed that when you put knocked out people against the wall, their heads and bodies most of the time go through it!!!
why dont they make games were this does not happen, because it has happend alot on past games, so you would think that they would of sorted out that glitch by now!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.