GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problems with PSO"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/02/03 at 16:34
Regular
I have a few queries that hopefully someone can clean up

1. Is the analougue modem gonna be the same price as the Broadband adapter?
2. In the final days of the Dc, Sega thought it best to enable its loyal fans to use their own ISP (da 1 used for conecting to the internet via PC) to play its online games, how long dya think untill this approcah is used once more ( swap Segas intentions for Nintys, or both) will it start off like, £1 per hour? 1p per minute? monthly fees...if so what kind of money are we talking?
and finally experiencing the original PSO online i considred, aswell as many other players, that the use of a keyboard was a nescerytiy in order to keep in touch with buddies in and out of battle, if a keyboard is introduced when will it be, will it be produced by Sega, or Nintendo ( not 2 concerned on price) more importantly I rember Nintendo saying that the Gc will be used to play Online games and NOT surf the net. The Dc keyboard was aimed at both games and surfing. Do you think the Gc will see a keyboard of some kind coming to it?

Any help whatsoever will be apprecited muchly
Tue 18/02/03 at 16:39
Regular
Because it runs at the slower speed....
Tue 18/02/03 at 15:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Speed isn't an issue on PSO.
You wouldn't notice a gameplay difference in it between Broadband and 56k.
Tue 18/02/03 at 11:48
"Uzi Lover"
Huh?

I want broadband speed gaming not back to the stone-age which is 56k.

I've been there, done that, got the frags and that was on my Dreamcast.
Tue 18/02/03 at 11:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It doesn't really make a difference with PSo, seeing as the game works perfectly well on a 56k.
The advantage Broadband would offer would be to eliminate dial up.
Tue 18/02/03 at 11:10
"Uzi Lover"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> The modem adaptor's not being released over here is it?

Broadband adaptor, duh.
Tue 18/02/03 at 11:10
"Uzi Lover"
The modem adaptor's not being released over here is it?

So will I have to like import it from Lik-Sang or something?
Tue 18/02/03 at 10:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yes you need to have broadband installed to actually use broadband.
Mon 17/02/03 at 19:08
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
I know this is stupid but do you need broadband on your computer to be able to use the broadband adapter with GC?
If you only have a 56K. modem like me is it really going online with GC?
Mon 17/02/03 at 18:48
Regular
"aliens exist"
the modems have been delayed in the UK and wont be out when PSO is released, as planned, they'll be a few weeks late,

as far as the keyboard thing, there is already an official nintendo keyboard, see http://www.lik-sang.com/ info.php?category=0&products_id=2518&

very tasty, but its about £45, and only needed for PSO currently, a bit pricey for use with only mone game me thinks
Mon 17/02/03 at 16:58
Regular
"DS..."
the analouge modem will prob be about £20 and likewise with the Broadband adapter, there will be a bundle including PSO and Analouge modem for about £50.

As for fees it will be free for wither 1 or 2 months and after that it will cost around £3 a month which is less than 10p a day and so shouldnt be a concern.

As for the keyboard it is rumoured that either Sega or another 3rd party developer will release a keyboard for the GC and it is also worth noting that a student has developed an adpater which will allow you to use a standard PC keyboard with your GC but it is uknown if he has plans to release it anytime soon.

hope this helps, but I for one will be buying PSO and the modem plus the keyboard (if available) from day 1 as pso is an absolutley mesmerising experience online which no other game can emulate in the same way.

slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.