GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA SP - Question relating to Overeas usage"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/02/03 at 20:23
Regular
I'm going to America in the Summer, and I suddenly thought. The GBA SP (UK) has a three pin plug (Obviously) so to use it in America, would it be possbile to use a plug adapter (Ie. A two- prong to three pin thingy) or would I have to go splash out on a step-up converter?

Another thing, do American cars have the same voltage flowing through cigarette lighters? I mean, I guess an in-car charger is in planning/ already produced so it would be helpful to know if I could use a UK one there.

Help apprechiated.
Mon 17/02/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I'm going to America in the Summer, and I suddenly thought. The GBA SP (UK) has a three pin plug (Obviously) so to use it in America, would it be possbile to use a plug adapter (Ie. A two- prong to three pin thingy) or would I have to go splash out on a step-up converter?

Another thing, do American cars have the same voltage flowing through cigarette lighters? I mean, I guess an in-car charger is in planning/ already produced so it would be helpful to know if I could use a UK one there.

Help apprechiated.
Mon 17/02/03 at 20:27
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Use batteries. :)

I'm guessing a simple converter is all that is needed but what do I know.
Mon 17/02/03 at 20:34
Regular
No step down transformer should be needed, that's why you can actually use the adapters, eg, your mum's hair drier would explode.

And all cars use 12 Volt batteries so yes. (You could drive in an American Car anywhere, eg, FORD cars are US OF ANIANAN)
Mon 17/02/03 at 20:58
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Starlight wrote:
> Use batteries. :)

GBA SP doesn't use batteries...
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
AshMan wrote:
> GBA SP doesn't use batteries...

---

Yes it does...
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Lithium Ion Batteries.
Mon 17/02/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
It runs on Nuclear power. Every ten years the government will come and take it away to be stored in a shed on an allotment in Yorkshire.
Mon 17/02/03 at 23:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I am an allotment in Yorkshire.

And so is my wife.
Mon 17/02/03 at 23:52
Regular
"Remember me?"
Heh heh..... usage.

Heh heh..... diarrhoea.

Hey, everyone..... diarrhoea. Heh heh.
Mon 17/02/03 at 23:54
Regular
"fabio2003.tk"
america uses 115 V while UK uses 230-240!

my brother bought a digital camera in america, he got an adaptor from two pin to 3 pin. the camera worked ok!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.