GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"fanboy posts"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 01:30
Regular
i think it would be a good idea to not reply to any 'fanboy' posts and let them rot to the archives because they just ruin the spirit of this forum, if fanboys of other consoles would like to cuss/diss or whatever the xbox then they should request a new forum titled 'posts which are pointlessly dissing xbox by fanboys of other consoles', and then genuine xbox likers know where not to go to hear the stupid/pointless rabble about how cack the xbox is(which it isn't). Personally i want to be able to read through this forum without coming across the daily fanboy post(s), which are quite simply a waste of time. These nonsense posts by fanboys of other consoles are so frequent that they are just sooo completely unoriginal and take up valuable space. If it wasn't for the fanboy posts, i wouldn't be writing this stupid post which also takes up space, instead i would prefer to write on other topics, and yes i realise fanboys of other consoles will probably read this but hey i can't make it invisible to fanboys of other consoles can i?
Wed 19/02/03 at 12:43
Regular
"Remember me?"
Your Olympic Hero wrote:
> The problem about not replying to fanboy posts is that they start
> talking to themselves. Ive seen it happen and its not a pretty site.

And that's before they start scratching plans for a doomsday device on the forum walls with their fingernails and shouting clichéd phrases like "WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, YOU FOOLS?!!!" and suchlike.
Wed 19/02/03 at 10:14
Dark Mark™ wrote:
> *sings* DONE! DONE! ONTO THE NEXT ONE! *stops*

All My Life? =)

The problem about not replying to fanboy posts is that they start talking to themselves. Ive seen it happen and its not a pretty site.
Wed 19/02/03 at 02:15
Regular
"Remember me?"
Yeah. Who wants to handcuff a guy... when you can riddle his face with bullets, instead?

It's lunacy, I tells ya. LUNACY!!!!

*cough*
Wed 19/02/03 at 02:07
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Perhaps another company can come up with something special for xbox, which will be the equivelent to GTA but better in every aspect:) or maybe that is not likely to happen, or could just wait for about 4-5 years for the licensing agreement to end between sony and rockstar:(

There is one game which does remotely resemble a GTA type of game 'streets of LA' or something like that, but it looks cack in comparison, as you play the character of a cop and you fight crime which is just no fun is it? we want to be the crime dont we? not defeat it.
Wed 19/02/03 at 02:00
Regular
"Remember me?"
az_00_uk wrote:
> Also i am so disappointed at the fact that GTA games are licensed to
> the ps2 because it is such a waste of a game, imagine the potential if
> it was on xbox?

As am I. The GTA games could be greatly imoproved upon if developed for the X-Box.
Wed 19/02/03 at 01:47
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
nice won DarkMark, i have no problem with any consoles, it's just i went round a friends house(who owns a ps2),a few months back and played the 2nd smugglers run game amongst a few others and it really was awfully slow and glitchy(it was the first time i had played a ps2 for ages as i had been playin on xbox), it really was like playing in slow-mo with my eyes half clenched. I guess it was because i am so used to playing on xbox which is far quicker and smoother to play. Also i am so disappointed at the fact that GTA games are licensed to the ps2 because it is such a waste of a game, imagine the potential if it was on xbox?

Overall i would say that at the moment the ps2 has the some of the best and broadest selection of games(obviously because it has been out longest of the next-gen consoles) but also lacks in the graphical department, gamecube is surprisingly impressive with its graphical capabilities, with a neat selection of exclusives, and xbox also has good exclusives with by far the most potential at the moment(built-in hard disk, saves lots of dosh and xbox live which will rock). Only my opinions no need to get hot and bothered now.
Tue 18/02/03 at 23:00
Regular
"Remember me?"
Fanboys really do get on my manly breasts.

Anyway, despite being a Gamecube owner... I did today buy an X-Box, and I assure you, you shall hear none such fanboyism from me.

Except this:

PS2 sucks.

OK, I'm done...

*sings* DONE! DONE! ONTO THE NEXT ONE! *stops*

*tumbleweed rolls past*
Tue 18/02/03 at 10:08
"For the horde!!!!"
yep agree *runs*
Tue 18/02/03 at 01:30
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
i think it would be a good idea to not reply to any 'fanboy' posts and let them rot to the archives because they just ruin the spirit of this forum, if fanboys of other consoles would like to cuss/diss or whatever the xbox then they should request a new forum titled 'posts which are pointlessly dissing xbox by fanboys of other consoles', and then genuine xbox likers know where not to go to hear the stupid/pointless rabble about how cack the xbox is(which it isn't). Personally i want to be able to read through this forum without coming across the daily fanboy post(s), which are quite simply a waste of time. These nonsense posts by fanboys of other consoles are so frequent that they are just sooo completely unoriginal and take up valuable space. If it wasn't for the fanboy posts, i wouldn't be writing this stupid post which also takes up space, instead i would prefer to write on other topics, and yes i realise fanboys of other consoles will probably read this but hey i can't make it invisible to fanboys of other consoles can i?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.