GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Release dates confusion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 01:41
Regular
I pre-ordered fable about a month ago from sr and at the time the release date was early march(can't remember exact date), but i have heard that it has been shifted to the the 3rd/4th quarters of 2003, any info on this?
Also, another game i am looking out for 'XIII' or 'thirteen', which apparantly has also been delayed for release, any idea when? It was also scheduled for an early march release but has been delayed(i think).

It annoys me when they delay and delay and delay the releases, although the extra development time can prove to be vital in the end product:)

would appreciate any useful info, thx.
Wed 19/02/03 at 14:14
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> You're actually able to choose between turn based, and real time.

What, on Star Wars: KOTOR? .... Excellent.
Tue 18/02/03 at 19:59
Regular
Nomad $oul wrote:
> After playing Morrowind, I'm looking forward to Star Wars: Knights of
> the Old Republic, although I have read that it's got a turn-based
> battle system which I normally can't stand.

You're actually able to choose between turn based, and real time.
Tue 18/02/03 at 15:27
Regular
After playing Morrowind, I'm looking forward to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, although I have read that it's got a turn-based battle system which I normally can't stand.

And as for Fable, I wish it was coming out this Spring, but I suspect it'll only make it to the shelves by Christmas - which is a good thing really - we don't want Big Blue Box to rush it.
Tue 18/02/03 at 11:19
Regular
Sorry to report this but Fable won't be out until late 2003 apparently because they want to make sure that the game is going to be as good as they are hoping for. I am also waiting for the release of Operation Flashpoint for the Xbox and I have been waiting now for 6 months :( The game was schedueled for October 26th and ever since then it has just fallen and fallen backwards. It is now due out on July 1st in the UK and I am still not building my hopes up about that. Either forget about your order or cancel it to order something else, if you do it that way then you won't be anticipating every release date given out by the developers and in the mean time you can enjoy an extra game. March sees the release of 4 must own titles for me:

Shenmue 2X
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

If I was you I would cancel your Fable order and choose one of these and then towards the end of the year order Fable and then you don't have as long to wait. Since Christmas there hasn't been much released on the Xbox worth getting but from March onwards the release calendar is jam packed with excellent games worth purchasing. Between the GameCube and Xbox I won't go needing between now and 2004 because there are at least 2 games per month that I would class as Must Own titles being released on both the GameCube and Xbox.
Tue 18/02/03 at 10:06
Regular
I think you'll be lucky to see your copy of Fable before the end of the summer. Publishers seem to be a bit optimistic when they first put out release dates.

It's a big game, complexity wise, and a big game for the Xbox. I don't think the developers, publishers, or MS would be too impressed if a shoddy product was released.

We're all looking forward to it, but it's better to wait that bit longer, to get a better game, than to get a game now which you don't want to play 'cos its crap.
Tue 18/02/03 at 01:41
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
I pre-ordered fable about a month ago from sr and at the time the release date was early march(can't remember exact date), but i have heard that it has been shifted to the the 3rd/4th quarters of 2003, any info on this?
Also, another game i am looking out for 'XIII' or 'thirteen', which apparantly has also been delayed for release, any idea when? It was also scheduled for an early march release but has been delayed(i think).

It annoys me when they delay and delay and delay the releases, although the extra development time can prove to be vital in the end product:)

would appreciate any useful info, thx.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.