GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what is cute and how do we get it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 12:29
Regular
What is cute? This is one of life’s many trivialities, what exactly, is the definition of cute, well the oxford dictionary tells us what it is, “someone with intolerably cute mannerisms”, thanks, except that tells us nothing because you used the word cute in your definition. Well my point is, people say “ahh that’s cute” everyday, what do they mean!? Example.

Terry is 6 months old, he wears a “my mummy loves me” t-shirt, “ahh that’s cute” mumbles someone. Terry is now a 42-year-old bald fat unemployed man, he wears the same shirt (in a bigger size so it fits obviously) does anyone mumble “ahh, that’s cute”? No, meaning that the t-shirt itself is not cute. Terry is six months again, mummy bangs her head and little Terry giggles, how cute, but now Terry is 38 and mummy bangs her head, Terry giggles again, is he cute? No (in-fact he’s a bit of an ass) so terry once was cute, but now isn’t, how did he loose his ‘cuteness’ and can he get it back?

Another subject for my pointless test; Bob; Bob is three, he’s on his first bike, with suspenders and everything, cycling around, and he rings the bell making him giggle, cute? Try with Bob being thirty, he repeats the situation, cycling around on an infants bike he rings bell and laughs to him self, should I even ask? No he’s not cute, he’s a bit of an idiot but defiantly not a cute idiot.

So is cuteness lost over age? Well maybe, but lets look at animals. A kitten (Molly for this case) is batting around a ball of string on the carpet, it watches attentively and strikes quickly, flinching as it rolls; cute? The same cat does the same thing three years later, its fully-grown, is it still cute? Apparently so; Meaning ‘cuteness’ can be kept over age, but how? Not by staying childish, because that clearly didn’t work for Bob and Terry (who are both entirely fictional by the way)

‘Cute’ is something we all want as it makes the ladies go all gooey, but how do we get it? It can’t be something only ladies and cats have can it? Well I have found one situation where a woman has claimed a fully grown man to be cute, he asked her “where’s Wimbledon held this year?” and through this act of sheer stupidity came the reply “you can be so cute sometimes”. So stupid remarks are the answer, man must sacrifice his pride to become cute.
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:29
Regular
"Hallelujah"
What is cute? This is one of life’s many trivialities, what exactly, is the definition of cute, well the oxford dictionary tells us what it is, “someone with intolerably cute mannerisms”, thanks, except that tells us nothing because you used the word cute in your definition. Well my point is, people say “ahh that’s cute” everyday, what do they mean!? Example.

Terry is 6 months old, he wears a “my mummy loves me” t-shirt, “ahh that’s cute” mumbles someone. Terry is now a 42-year-old bald fat unemployed man, he wears the same shirt (in a bigger size so it fits obviously) does anyone mumble “ahh, that’s cute”? No, meaning that the t-shirt itself is not cute. Terry is six months again, mummy bangs her head and little Terry giggles, how cute, but now Terry is 38 and mummy bangs her head, Terry giggles again, is he cute? No (in-fact he’s a bit of an ass) so terry once was cute, but now isn’t, how did he loose his ‘cuteness’ and can he get it back?

Another subject for my pointless test; Bob; Bob is three, he’s on his first bike, with suspenders and everything, cycling around, and he rings the bell making him giggle, cute? Try with Bob being thirty, he repeats the situation, cycling around on an infants bike he rings bell and laughs to him self, should I even ask? No he’s not cute, he’s a bit of an idiot but defiantly not a cute idiot.

So is cuteness lost over age? Well maybe, but lets look at animals. A kitten (Molly for this case) is batting around a ball of string on the carpet, it watches attentively and strikes quickly, flinching as it rolls; cute? The same cat does the same thing three years later, its fully-grown, is it still cute? Apparently so; Meaning ‘cuteness’ can be kept over age, but how? Not by staying childish, because that clearly didn’t work for Bob and Terry (who are both entirely fictional by the way)

‘Cute’ is something we all want as it makes the ladies go all gooey, but how do we get it? It can’t be something only ladies and cats have can it? Well I have found one situation where a woman has claimed a fully grown man to be cute, he asked her “where’s Wimbledon held this year?” and through this act of sheer stupidity came the reply “you can be so cute sometimes”. So stupid remarks are the answer, man must sacrifice his pride to become cute.
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:36
Regular
Cuteness is usually defined by the size of you(ie the smaller the cuter) and amount of saliva you allow to remain on your face at any one time.
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
Lo Sam, interesting post there. {:)

I'm cute...

*silence ensues*
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:40
"Uzi Lover"
Ah 'cute', a word I've always hated.

If a girl says this about you it most likely means she doesn't think that much of you, looks wise.

But its become use dso much that sometimes you don't know what the other person means.

Hate it.
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:45
"Darkness, always"
If a girl says you're cute, it's because you've done something nice for her, without question or payment, and are therefore obviously trying to get into her knickers and equally obviously don't have a chance in hell.
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:47
Regular
"Hallelujah"
so does it mean that being cute is not a good thing? because i like the concept of a woman "wooing" over me and saying im cute. agree?
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:50
"Uzi Lover"
I say just ambolish the whole word froim existance. It sucks.

Ok, you can use it on babys, I've got one running round my hosue now and my little sister is callign it 'cute'. But that's acceptable.

It can be good or bad and you don't know which. That is why it's stupid. Why have a word with multiple meanings but its said in the same way/tone etc.
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:52
"Darkness, always"
Put it this way. A girl will call a little baby cute, and when she calls you cute, that's what she thinks of you - a harmless little baby. On occasion, a little baby might get a cuddle and a peck on the cheek, but no bird will ever snog a 2 year old toddler, much less rip off her undies, don a ten gallon hat and scream "Yeeeehaw!"
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:54
"Uzi Lover"
Ah ha, it all makes sense now.

Still, damn the word.
Tue 18/02/03 at 12:57
Regular
"Hallelujah"
my dictionarry (i looked up dictionary in it) says "a book used for the refference of the definition of words" BRILLIANT

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.