GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Apple Release New iMac"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/01/02 at 18:14
Regular
As nicked from Yahoo...

'MW Expo: New iMac 'will sell buckets!'
After the Steve Jobs keynote at Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Jonathan Cole, chairman of UK Mac reseller Computer Warehouse, told Macworld that he thought - unlike the G4 Cube - Apple's new LCD iMac "will sell bucket-loads".

"It's amazing how Apple made the Cube round," he quipped - but added that he thought the new consumer desktop "excellent". '

Personally, I reckon getting rid of Woznak made the company Apple in anme only, however...

Maybe there is life in the old mac yet?
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:32
Regular
"everyone says it"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> er-no wrote:

Explain
> yourself. They are an old company. Are you talking
> about the machine or the
> actual iMac?

lol... It only because it seems
> at leaset once a week that some company seemed to be dropping the Mac, AOL being
> the most notable... but certainly many vendors, developers and even Internet
> companies...

Mac didn't mind losing AOL that much, and for Mac's supporters it was more of a victory. AOL are a terribly crap and horrible company... they suck.
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
er-no wrote:
...and base of only 10'.

Phoooarrrr

Only ten feet, wow, if they keep up at this rate, one day every TOWN may be able to have one!

(In granddad voice)*I remember when computers took up a whole room, and were powered by mice in little wheels...*
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> This first ed. i-Mac I'm typing from right now seems to be working
> lovely.
Except all it's memory's almost run out.

Mac's rule!

Indeed they do, and you can pick up some more RAM at the moment for stupidly cheap prices.. have a look around.
Tue 08/01/02 at 19:25
"period drama"
This first ed. i-Mac I'm typing from right now seems to be working lovely.
Except all it's memory's almost run out.

Mac's rule!
Tue 08/01/02 at 19:23
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
er-no wrote:

Explain
> yourself. They are an old company. Are you talking about the machine or the
> actual iMac?

lol... It only because it seems at leaset once a week that some company seemed to be dropping the Mac, AOL being the most notable... but certainly many vendors, developers and even Internet companies...

And what with the let down of the Cube...

However, this new machine may once again raise the fortunes of the company?

Oh, and its great how Steve Jobs doesn't want to get paid, and
> doesn't get paid for working for Mac. Respect to him.

He does have a flair for image and design... I just cant help feeling that had Woznaks touch remained in the company it would have remained a more dominant force in computing???...
Tue 08/01/02 at 18:19
Regular
"everyone says it"
Armatige Shanks wrote:

Explain yourself. They are an old company. Are you talking about the machine or the actual iMac?

Oh, and its great how Steve Jobs doesn't want to get paid, and doesn't get paid for working for Mac. Respect to him.

At least he can count what four words are and also doesnt defame his company by dancing around the stage looking like a *swearword* stupid baboon... what a nobcheese that man was.
Tue 08/01/02 at 18:17
Regular
"everyone says it"
You basturd. I was going to do a topic on this super machine.

Its bloody amazing. What you get in it. What it does. I mean, has any machine ever looked so beautiful. This is a computer to watch as it will sell amazingly well with its flatscreen and base of only 10'.

Phoooarrrr
Tue 08/01/02 at 18:14
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
As nicked from Yahoo...

'MW Expo: New iMac 'will sell buckets!'
After the Steve Jobs keynote at Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Jonathan Cole, chairman of UK Mac reseller Computer Warehouse, told Macworld that he thought - unlike the G4 Cube - Apple's new LCD iMac "will sell bucket-loads".

"It's amazing how Apple made the Cube round," he quipped - but added that he thought the new consumer desktop "excellent". '

Personally, I reckon getting rid of Woznak made the company Apple in anme only, however...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.