GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Really have fun in multiplayer!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 15:27
Regular
It remains fun simply playing against someone in a game, but it's much more enjoyable when you get the upper hand. I'm not sure these listings will comply with multiplay online, but they'll certainly work for multiplay in the comfort of your own home, where I think it's best because it allows the winner to taunt the loser who would more than likely be sulking at that very moment, especially if he lost at his own game.(maybe I put a little too much truth in that)

Anyway, the list...

1) TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE ANALOGUE

Some games demand you to play with the analogue controller switched on and others don't, so from here on it's simple. If the person you are playing against is playing the game for the first time, take advantage by cunningly asking for his/her control pad for a moment, saying you're only going to help. Then in a conceiving manner, if it's a game that doesn't use the analogue, push the analogue button so it lights up, and if it's a game that does need the analogue on, simply turn it off.. then give the controller back to your opponent. If he/she asks what you did because you looked too suspicious, just make up some bull like: "I was stopping the build-up of dust damaging the controller", and then turn the situation around so you look like the victim: "Why? What did you think I was doing? Cheating? I'm so disappointed in you...", something sinister like that.

You'll see the effects once you begin competing. It should sound a little like this: "Hey! My player's not moving!", then in return just say, "Stop making excuses just because I'm winning", which you will be because your opponent is in fact telling the truth. No matter how hard he/she presses any of the buttons in front, if you have reversed the analogue position, they won't be in control and their player will simply willow in the competition looking like a gourmless meatball.

Unfortunately, this method doesn't have a long-lasting effect, especially if you're playing against someone familiar with games. Soon enough, they'll discover the problem and begin the sympathy vote to start the competition again, this time fairly in which you can only agree to, to really show how noble you are with games. It's still a beauty of a trick that's guaranteed a laugh at the end, unless you're playing against a competitive-struck person who takes games too far, so..beware! This could lead to a bruising. (don't say I didn't warn you)

2) HANDICAP

Simple one here. Almost every two-player plus game has a handicap option, but that doesn't necessarily mean your opponent would like to use it. So at anytime you see an opening, quickly switch the handicap on, on your opponent's behalf, and once again try not to give it away by giggling mischieviously. This works best for fighting games and it's totally up to you how big an advantage you would like to take in the game.

This method is much harder to notice, so don't be surprised if the person you're playing against starts getting confused, bewildered ad maybe even depressed because he/she cannot seem to win. If you're kind enough, you'll reveal your cunning action and laugh it off, hopefully no fisty cuffs.

3) NICE CONTROLLER?

My brothers have this philosophy when it comes to football games that the Player 1 controller is always better than the Player 2 controller, therefore you're guaranteed a greater chance of winning if you are Player 1. They only believe this because I've beaten them so many times with that pad, and even when we switched pads I kicked their butts, but strangely enough I did lose more than usual, supporting their philosophy. So the plan is to obviously choose the pad you think is best, giving your opponent the weaker pad, and there's nothing wrong if it as some faults either, like moments of static injunction or buttons that keep getting stuck, meaning you'll have a better chance of winning.

Your opponent will soon enough challenge you to swap pads, were you can wind them up by sayin: "Aawww, how typical! Bad workman blaming his tools!", but you switch pads anyway, which is where the next tricky little action comes in...

4)...AAAH SETTINGS

Don't you just love the feeling when your opponent is left incredibly vulnerable, not knowing the great depths of the game you are about to play? This is were you take the advantage. You obviously know what settings are which and how they can affect the game, so simply divulge into them. There are settings that can affect the mood of our opponent's player, causing them to underperform as well as the old change of configuration, a true disaster for any player! Simply change the settings to your advantage, which could mean you filling some kind of boost meter, whilst the other player is left with a lower amount.

By doing this, you're guaranteed a win, even with a naf control pad, leaving your opponent with nothing but self-conscious thoughts. How evil!

Multiplayer has a lot of potential, mainly for having fun, but some dn't seem to realise that taking a sneaky advantage is fun in itself. If it's all in good heart then no problem, but if you're a really competitive person, desperate to win evn if it mens cheating then, that's just wicked and wrong, spoiling the mood of multiplay.

There are plenty of other little pranks you can do like pressing start when you're about to go a goal down, sneezing for your reason or wiping a spot of dirt on the screen to obscure your opponents view, it's all simple, harmless fun.

Go on, think of your own little pranks, try them out and enjoy the final outcome!

KK
Tue 18/02/03 at 19:07
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Multiplayer on NightFire ROCKS! By the way...
Tue 18/02/03 at 19:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I hardly ever get to pay multiplayer these days. I'm female and most of my friends are female and not into games. I loved playing multiplayer with my cousins when I was younger though. It got a bit annoying sometimes though when my cousin Thomas used to plug out my controller when he was losing at Evander Holyfield Boxing on Megadrive!
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:52
Regular
"Fragg for fun"
I have taken into account on what you have put but I still like multi-player matches because you dont't just have to play dumb bots which can be made hard or easy. Your mates can be much more fun trhen some silly old bots.
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:47
"period drama"
What about:

The bad seat,
The random pauses.
No mercy.
Chuckling under your breath when they lose.
Showing no reaction to losing...
... Then really rubbing it in when they do.
Tell them the wrong controls (just swap 2 buttons around)
Show them the wrong split screen - they'll think they are you.
Not explaining how you did something amazing

And, the sarcastic remarks at their every move:
"Oh, well done! You beat me!"
"Oh no! You died, what a shame!"
You get the picture.
Tue 18/02/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I wouldn't really count it as cheating. To be honest, I always play games against people fairly, but most of the stuff I wrote down has been done to me.

One of the funniest moments was when I was playing my mate on HIS footie game (can't remember which) and just as he was destined to score, I paused the game in the hope that the shot would miss (an open goal), I unpaused it and he spooned it over the bar!

I laughed with unbelief, but unfortunately my mate didn't take this too lightly and in a similar situation he got his own back.

Oh the fun
Tue 18/02/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Cheating sucks...but this post doesn't {:D
I can't really remember many instances of cheating when I play multiplayer, as I tend to play hard and fair.
Tue 18/02/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Simon says...read you lazy gits!

:D
Tue 18/02/03 at 15:27
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
It remains fun simply playing against someone in a game, but it's much more enjoyable when you get the upper hand. I'm not sure these listings will comply with multiplay online, but they'll certainly work for multiplay in the comfort of your own home, where I think it's best because it allows the winner to taunt the loser who would more than likely be sulking at that very moment, especially if he lost at his own game.(maybe I put a little too much truth in that)

Anyway, the list...

1) TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE ANALOGUE

Some games demand you to play with the analogue controller switched on and others don't, so from here on it's simple. If the person you are playing against is playing the game for the first time, take advantage by cunningly asking for his/her control pad for a moment, saying you're only going to help. Then in a conceiving manner, if it's a game that doesn't use the analogue, push the analogue button so it lights up, and if it's a game that does need the analogue on, simply turn it off.. then give the controller back to your opponent. If he/she asks what you did because you looked too suspicious, just make up some bull like: "I was stopping the build-up of dust damaging the controller", and then turn the situation around so you look like the victim: "Why? What did you think I was doing? Cheating? I'm so disappointed in you...", something sinister like that.

You'll see the effects once you begin competing. It should sound a little like this: "Hey! My player's not moving!", then in return just say, "Stop making excuses just because I'm winning", which you will be because your opponent is in fact telling the truth. No matter how hard he/she presses any of the buttons in front, if you have reversed the analogue position, they won't be in control and their player will simply willow in the competition looking like a gourmless meatball.

Unfortunately, this method doesn't have a long-lasting effect, especially if you're playing against someone familiar with games. Soon enough, they'll discover the problem and begin the sympathy vote to start the competition again, this time fairly in which you can only agree to, to really show how noble you are with games. It's still a beauty of a trick that's guaranteed a laugh at the end, unless you're playing against a competitive-struck person who takes games too far, so..beware! This could lead to a bruising. (don't say I didn't warn you)

2) HANDICAP

Simple one here. Almost every two-player plus game has a handicap option, but that doesn't necessarily mean your opponent would like to use it. So at anytime you see an opening, quickly switch the handicap on, on your opponent's behalf, and once again try not to give it away by giggling mischieviously. This works best for fighting games and it's totally up to you how big an advantage you would like to take in the game.

This method is much harder to notice, so don't be surprised if the person you're playing against starts getting confused, bewildered ad maybe even depressed because he/she cannot seem to win. If you're kind enough, you'll reveal your cunning action and laugh it off, hopefully no fisty cuffs.

3) NICE CONTROLLER?

My brothers have this philosophy when it comes to football games that the Player 1 controller is always better than the Player 2 controller, therefore you're guaranteed a greater chance of winning if you are Player 1. They only believe this because I've beaten them so many times with that pad, and even when we switched pads I kicked their butts, but strangely enough I did lose more than usual, supporting their philosophy. So the plan is to obviously choose the pad you think is best, giving your opponent the weaker pad, and there's nothing wrong if it as some faults either, like moments of static injunction or buttons that keep getting stuck, meaning you'll have a better chance of winning.

Your opponent will soon enough challenge you to swap pads, were you can wind them up by sayin: "Aawww, how typical! Bad workman blaming his tools!", but you switch pads anyway, which is where the next tricky little action comes in...

4)...AAAH SETTINGS

Don't you just love the feeling when your opponent is left incredibly vulnerable, not knowing the great depths of the game you are about to play? This is were you take the advantage. You obviously know what settings are which and how they can affect the game, so simply divulge into them. There are settings that can affect the mood of our opponent's player, causing them to underperform as well as the old change of configuration, a true disaster for any player! Simply change the settings to your advantage, which could mean you filling some kind of boost meter, whilst the other player is left with a lower amount.

By doing this, you're guaranteed a win, even with a naf control pad, leaving your opponent with nothing but self-conscious thoughts. How evil!

Multiplayer has a lot of potential, mainly for having fun, but some dn't seem to realise that taking a sneaky advantage is fun in itself. If it's all in good heart then no problem, but if you're a really competitive person, desperate to win evn if it mens cheating then, that's just wicked and wrong, spoiling the mood of multiplay.

There are plenty of other little pranks you can do like pressing start when you're about to go a goal down, sneezing for your reason or wiping a spot of dirt on the screen to obscure your opponents view, it's all simple, harmless fun.

Go on, think of your own little pranks, try them out and enjoy the final outcome!

KK

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.