GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtual reality"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/02/03 at 16:00
Regular
WOW - what a thought.

virtual reality first person shooters. it could be so that they strap you into a suit that is specially modified to simulate hits - but a little less harmful. games like - sniping . they could create a paintball game too - with a virtual reality suit - with multiplayer for friends. that would be good, punish your friends with paintballs, and if they hit - the victim gets a shock or something where the ball hit. LOL imagine if the bloke who got hit fell over because of the shock and like everyone else decided to gang up on him huh? he'd be black and blue by the end of it all.
i dont know how you would move though, but its a good idea. perhaps they could create a time crisis style game where you pop up to shoot behind obstacles, and then if you get hit - the same happens. pain.

What if they did virtual fighting? that could lose some friends though. if you get smacked the suit shifts its' weight so you get knocked around by it. but dont play with a hardman or else, forget the suit - he'll smack you anyway.

virtual dancing - now theres a very good idea. hehehe. what if they had secret rooms where they could watch people trying it out, they wouldnt know, but spectators could come in for a laugh. if they made a multiplayer version you could see other people dancing as 3d characters too.

its all a little bit farfetched i know, but youve got to think - its gonna come sooner or later, just not in our lifetime. pity really - it would be a perfect substitute for arcades that guzzle your money as if they were me with pizza in pizza hut. Games arent making enough progress - and companies are running out of ideas. some ideas carry on well - like unreal tournament, but some arent and that is a shame. the game problem isnt as worse as the console battles. the companies have got to be losing money from it - as far as i can see they are wasting their time.

so where does gaming go next? consoles with capability to access the net hardly impresses me. virtual reality on the other hand - would be a massive improvement if it ever existed. not a lot can beat virtual reality - not even the new consoles, nor the best PC. it would mark a new level of advancement in gaming and the whole world. newer consoles are just a mark of decline...
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 18/02/03 at 16:00
Regular
WOW - what a thought.

virtual reality first person shooters. it could be so that they strap you into a suit that is specially modified to simulate hits - but a little less harmful. games like - sniping . they could create a paintball game too - with a virtual reality suit - with multiplayer for friends. that would be good, punish your friends with paintballs, and if they hit - the victim gets a shock or something where the ball hit. LOL imagine if the bloke who got hit fell over because of the shock and like everyone else decided to gang up on him huh? he'd be black and blue by the end of it all.
i dont know how you would move though, but its a good idea. perhaps they could create a time crisis style game where you pop up to shoot behind obstacles, and then if you get hit - the same happens. pain.

What if they did virtual fighting? that could lose some friends though. if you get smacked the suit shifts its' weight so you get knocked around by it. but dont play with a hardman or else, forget the suit - he'll smack you anyway.

virtual dancing - now theres a very good idea. hehehe. what if they had secret rooms where they could watch people trying it out, they wouldnt know, but spectators could come in for a laugh. if they made a multiplayer version you could see other people dancing as 3d characters too.

its all a little bit farfetched i know, but youve got to think - its gonna come sooner or later, just not in our lifetime. pity really - it would be a perfect substitute for arcades that guzzle your money as if they were me with pizza in pizza hut. Games arent making enough progress - and companies are running out of ideas. some ideas carry on well - like unreal tournament, but some arent and that is a shame. the game problem isnt as worse as the console battles. the companies have got to be losing money from it - as far as i can see they are wasting their time.

so where does gaming go next? consoles with capability to access the net hardly impresses me. virtual reality on the other hand - would be a massive improvement if it ever existed. not a lot can beat virtual reality - not even the new consoles, nor the best PC. it would mark a new level of advancement in gaming and the whole world. newer consoles are just a mark of decline...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.