GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 DVD"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/01/02 at 16:25
Regular
I think my second PS2 is now on the way out!!

I had a couple of DVD's for Christmas, watched one on Boxing Day, when I could force myself to switch off PES.

I went to watch the same DVD a couple of days ago, and the machine won't read the DVD at all. This was also the case with my newly purchased Tomb Raider DVD ( yes I know it's not the greatest film, but it's got Angelina Jolie dressed up as Lara Croft! What else does it need?).

It will still play some of my collection of DVDs but not all, including some that had worked previously.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a solution, other than ring Sony and shout at them, again?

Cheers

Mark
Tue 08/01/02 at 16:25
I think my second PS2 is now on the way out!!

I had a couple of DVD's for Christmas, watched one on Boxing Day, when I could force myself to switch off PES.

I went to watch the same DVD a couple of days ago, and the machine won't read the DVD at all. This was also the case with my newly purchased Tomb Raider DVD ( yes I know it's not the greatest film, but it's got Angelina Jolie dressed up as Lara Croft! What else does it need?).

It will still play some of my collection of DVDs but not all, including some that had worked previously.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a solution, other than ring Sony and shout at them, again?

Cheers

Mark
Tue 08/01/02 at 16:34
Have you checked the DVDs for marks, or even greasy finger prints? I've had my PS2 since launch, and it's still fine (which of course means it will explode this evening, and burn down the flat....).
Tue 08/01/02 at 16:36
Regular
"Back For Good"
I rented out the tomb raider DVD and it worked fine, I'd give Sony a ring :-)
Tue 08/01/02 at 16:37
Regular
My DVDs work great. It's just your pS2
Tue 08/01/02 at 16:57
"High polygon count"
As with pro devo, I've a launch machine which is fine. The onl discs I've had problems with also give problems on a dedicated player, so I know it's not my PS2.
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:21
The only problem I have had is with one of OPSM2 demo disc It read it once for spy hunter demo and it wont play it again It didn't bother me I didn't like the look of it anyways
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:24
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Lol, Spy Hunter or the disc?
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:31
Regular
"accidental superher"
Silent85 wrote:
> The only problem I have had is with one of OPSM2 demo disc It read it once for
> spy hunter demo and it wont play it again It didn't bother me I didn't like the
> look of it anyways

i've had a problem with the wipeout fusion demo....loaded once...and now it won't work anymore....on both of the discs which it came on!!
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:43
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I bought Final Fantasy 7 to play on my PS2. For the first few times it played fine, but then on one occasion, the PS2 couldn't detect the disc! 1 quick wipe over the back with me jumper sleeve, and I was following the adventures of Cloud & co once more!
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:48
> i've had a problem with the wipeout fusion demo....loaded > once...and now it won't work anymore....on both of the
> discs which it came on!!

Guess that's a one time limited demo then :-?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.