GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The diary of Link; Adventurer and Repeat Hero"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 02:18
Regular
Monday
Woke up at 8:00am. A fairy came to me today, woke me up dammit, it seems I’ve got to go see some tree about saving my world. I don’t really want to though but I think I’ll do it because people pick on me here because I’m not camp and own a fairy.

Ran about town for a bit picking up peoples change (I saved up over 40 rupees! Amazing) then crawled through a hole and found the forest secret sword, it makes me look well hard, I think Sara is beginning to like me, she ain’t too bad, I reckon she’s a 7/10.

Tuesday
Woke up at 7:00am. Early start now I’m a hero in the making, was supposed to go to see this tree guy yesterday but all that running around and shopping for shields done me in but I’m on my way now.

Wow, the tree talks! I went inside him today because he was bad, I told him I wasn’t a doctor but he wasn’t having any of it, anyway I went in and killed this spider, it wasn’t too hard this fairy that follows me around told me how to do it, I wonder how come she knows so much. The tree still died though, ha gave me a shiny gem for my troubles. Not bad.

Wednesday
Woke up at 11.00am. I felt I deserved a lie in after all my good work yesterday. I went into some woods earlier but had the feeling I shouldn’t have been there, I got lost anyway and ended up where I started, there was a big owl in there who was talking to me, I don’t like that owl.

Being brave and still slightly sleepy I ventured out of the forest and into Hyrule, Sara gave me this really pants Ocarina, I didn’t tell her that though I just took it and ran off, she was looking particularly minging today.

Met the bloody owl again who gave me a right lecture, I wasn’t really paying attention to him, if this wasn’t my only sword I would have threw it at him, damn I need to learn how to use this slingshot I found in the tree better I could have shot that bird right off that branch.

Thursday
Haven’t been to bed yet, on my way to the castle I was kept up all night by these dumb skeletons who were trying to eat me. Well shady huh.

Went into the market, met no one of importance, plodded on to the castle and snuck past the guards ninja style, ha ha no one can catch me!

Met the Princess Zelda, she’s pretty fit for a young un’ although she lectured me a little, why must everyone lecture me!?

Friday
Slept in. I didn’t get any sleep all of yesterday!!

Went out at night in the market, lots of crazy dogs running around. They smell, I tried picking one up and putting it on my head to see how it would look as a hat but it seems those dogs are good for nothing.

Saturday
Woke up at 9:00am. Went to a neighbouring town, it was all right, they’re still building it though, all the builders look the same mind, I don’t know if they’re brothers or if there’s something untoward going on but being polite I kept my mouth shut. Those builders didn’t seem to be doing much mind, they just walked around all day with bits of wood, no matter how many times I would talk to them they always said the same thing. Confirms my earlier thoughts. I don’t like this town no more, it scares me.

Ventured into a graveyard and met some weird kid who was content on pretending to be some groggy old man all day and walk about the graveyard. He was cool.

Climbed up some mountain, that was hard, I didn’t bring my hiking boots. I’m hungry and all there is to eat are these annoying skultulas that leave these rock hard golden skulls behind, they're filling though, they could use some tomato sauce mind.

Sunday
I’m not working Sunday all I’m going to do is write this.

Monday
Woke up at 5:00am by some rock people, they seem very friendly for people that are made out of rock. There’s that stereotype out the window. They told me to go into some cave and defeat this creature that eats them. All right then I said.

It’s been one week since I left the forest, I wonder how my plants are doing....

To be continued.
Read about Links adventures as he travels through time to avoid those akward puberty years and see Link as he ventures into Fish Town and in a special length episode specifically created for this moment as Link makes the Fat King Fish move! All this and more straight from the Link diaries.
Wed 19/02/03 at 02:18
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Monday
Woke up at 8:00am. A fairy came to me today, woke me up dammit, it seems I’ve got to go see some tree about saving my world. I don’t really want to though but I think I’ll do it because people pick on me here because I’m not camp and own a fairy.

Ran about town for a bit picking up peoples change (I saved up over 40 rupees! Amazing) then crawled through a hole and found the forest secret sword, it makes me look well hard, I think Sara is beginning to like me, she ain’t too bad, I reckon she’s a 7/10.

Tuesday
Woke up at 7:00am. Early start now I’m a hero in the making, was supposed to go to see this tree guy yesterday but all that running around and shopping for shields done me in but I’m on my way now.

Wow, the tree talks! I went inside him today because he was bad, I told him I wasn’t a doctor but he wasn’t having any of it, anyway I went in and killed this spider, it wasn’t too hard this fairy that follows me around told me how to do it, I wonder how come she knows so much. The tree still died though, ha gave me a shiny gem for my troubles. Not bad.

Wednesday
Woke up at 11.00am. I felt I deserved a lie in after all my good work yesterday. I went into some woods earlier but had the feeling I shouldn’t have been there, I got lost anyway and ended up where I started, there was a big owl in there who was talking to me, I don’t like that owl.

Being brave and still slightly sleepy I ventured out of the forest and into Hyrule, Sara gave me this really pants Ocarina, I didn’t tell her that though I just took it and ran off, she was looking particularly minging today.

Met the bloody owl again who gave me a right lecture, I wasn’t really paying attention to him, if this wasn’t my only sword I would have threw it at him, damn I need to learn how to use this slingshot I found in the tree better I could have shot that bird right off that branch.

Thursday
Haven’t been to bed yet, on my way to the castle I was kept up all night by these dumb skeletons who were trying to eat me. Well shady huh.

Went into the market, met no one of importance, plodded on to the castle and snuck past the guards ninja style, ha ha no one can catch me!

Met the Princess Zelda, she’s pretty fit for a young un’ although she lectured me a little, why must everyone lecture me!?

Friday
Slept in. I didn’t get any sleep all of yesterday!!

Went out at night in the market, lots of crazy dogs running around. They smell, I tried picking one up and putting it on my head to see how it would look as a hat but it seems those dogs are good for nothing.

Saturday
Woke up at 9:00am. Went to a neighbouring town, it was all right, they’re still building it though, all the builders look the same mind, I don’t know if they’re brothers or if there’s something untoward going on but being polite I kept my mouth shut. Those builders didn’t seem to be doing much mind, they just walked around all day with bits of wood, no matter how many times I would talk to them they always said the same thing. Confirms my earlier thoughts. I don’t like this town no more, it scares me.

Ventured into a graveyard and met some weird kid who was content on pretending to be some groggy old man all day and walk about the graveyard. He was cool.

Climbed up some mountain, that was hard, I didn’t bring my hiking boots. I’m hungry and all there is to eat are these annoying skultulas that leave these rock hard golden skulls behind, they're filling though, they could use some tomato sauce mind.

Sunday
I’m not working Sunday all I’m going to do is write this.

Monday
Woke up at 5:00am by some rock people, they seem very friendly for people that are made out of rock. There’s that stereotype out the window. They told me to go into some cave and defeat this creature that eats them. All right then I said.

It’s been one week since I left the forest, I wonder how my plants are doing....

To be continued.
Read about Links adventures as he travels through time to avoid those akward puberty years and see Link as he ventures into Fish Town and in a special length episode specifically created for this moment as Link makes the Fat King Fish move! All this and more straight from the Link diaries.
Wed 19/02/03 at 02:21
Regular
It's Saria

And wat about Malon? She's a 9/10
Wed 19/02/03 at 11:15
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Groovy, flawed (Saria not Sara as Whitestripes said), but real groovy. Await forthcoming episodes with delight.
Wed 19/02/03 at 15:11
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Ta guys.

And of course I knew it was Saria it was obviosuly a test.

More thoughts from under the green hat soon (maybe)

;)
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh, very good. I would definately keep them coming... :)
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Hat dogs.
very nice.
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Festivus!"
Didn't read (I plan to, but am currently writing my own post at the moment), but are you aware that there is more than one link? Every game features a new adventurer named Link who dons the same green uniform as his predecessors. Also, The Wind Waker is set 100 years after Ocarina of Time.
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:23
"Wa-wa-west"
idlewild wrote:
> Didn't read (I plan to, but am currently writing my own post at the
> moment), but are you aware that there is more than one link? Every
> game features a new adventurer named Link who dons the same green
> uniform as his predecessors. Also, The Wind Waker is set 100 years
> after Ocarina of Time.

Are you aware that pretty much everyone is aware of this? I wouldn't pick holes in an otherwise brilliant post.
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:08
Regular
"Festivus!"
Devro wrote:
> Are you aware that pretty much everyone is aware of this? I wouldn't
> pick holes in an otherwise brilliant post.

I wasn't picking holes - I haven't read it yet. So shh.
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, that was good!
I can't wait for the next one. :)

Sounds kinda like something I'd expect to see happen in Animal Crossing, when I eventually get that game in a few months time. But, with Link as the main character, and it's set in Hyrule...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.