GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Embarrassed gamer seeks help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 16:34
Regular
Fellow Gamers,

I have an embarressing problem, and I am writing this letter cos I'm wondering if anyone else 'out there' in the world of gaming suffers from the same thing.

It's concerning one game in particular, and the game in question is Halo. I've got a MAJOR problem with it.

Please don't laugh, but.... this is difficult.... every time I play the level where the Flood attacks for the first time I.... ahem.... I *cough*.... I soil my trousers.

There, I've said it!

I CACK MY STRIDES GODAMMIT! And it's beginning to really get on me down!

After the transmission bit when you see what the soliders who went in before you saw, and the Flood starts spewing out of the holes in the walls like the evil dirty slugs from Hell that they are, it always happens: my bowels give way and.... well, the result is always the same - brown stuff where I want it least!

I can't understand why it happens to me?!? I'm the captain of the rugby team at school and normally I'm a tuff cookie, but when I see the Flood coming, I just turn to jelly and my underpants are visited by an unwanted guest.

I've tried to delve into my past experiences to see if I can pinpoint why I fear those little floor-sliding beasties so much, but I always draw a blank. I mean, it's not common for someone to have a 2ft slug leap at their face is it!

It's got so bad that I can't play Halo anymore, and it's my favourite Xbox game.

Does anyone else suffer from this affliction - whether on Halo or on any other game? And if so, how did you overcome it.

I'm seriously thinking about going to see my Doc, but I'm too embarressed.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanx,
Timmy Partington, aged 14 from Surrey.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:34
Regular
Fellow Gamers,

I have an embarressing problem, and I am writing this letter cos I'm wondering if anyone else 'out there' in the world of gaming suffers from the same thing.

It's concerning one game in particular, and the game in question is Halo. I've got a MAJOR problem with it.

Please don't laugh, but.... this is difficult.... every time I play the level where the Flood attacks for the first time I.... ahem.... I *cough*.... I soil my trousers.

There, I've said it!

I CACK MY STRIDES GODAMMIT! And it's beginning to really get on me down!

After the transmission bit when you see what the soliders who went in before you saw, and the Flood starts spewing out of the holes in the walls like the evil dirty slugs from Hell that they are, it always happens: my bowels give way and.... well, the result is always the same - brown stuff where I want it least!

I can't understand why it happens to me?!? I'm the captain of the rugby team at school and normally I'm a tuff cookie, but when I see the Flood coming, I just turn to jelly and my underpants are visited by an unwanted guest.

I've tried to delve into my past experiences to see if I can pinpoint why I fear those little floor-sliding beasties so much, but I always draw a blank. I mean, it's not common for someone to have a 2ft slug leap at their face is it!

It's got so bad that I can't play Halo anymore, and it's my favourite Xbox game.

Does anyone else suffer from this affliction - whether on Halo or on any other game? And if so, how did you overcome it.

I'm seriously thinking about going to see my Doc, but I'm too embarressed.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanx,
Timmy Partington, aged 14 from Surrey.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:37
Regular
'cack your strides' is officially my term.(see cONTROL)

You owe me 25pence for using it.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:40
Regular
"My PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!"
no one seems to be talking any more! I want to play the word assosiation game in the 'new word assosiation' discusion thing but no one will play! Any of you can join in or just pop in and say the next word now and then! Coz i really want to play!
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:44
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I know what you mean Nomad. There are some games that have freaked me out also *decides not to name them in case of harsh judgement*

I hate that feeling when you like a game, but some thing holds you back from playing it.

It's a freak of nature I tells ya
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:53
Regular
King Kong wrote:
> There are some games that have freaked me
> out also *decides not to name them in case of harsh judgement*
>
> I hate that feeling when you like a game, but some thing holds you
> back from playing it.

I don't think the original post is meant to be taken seriously. It's a spoof.
Wed 19/02/03 at 16:55
"Darkness, always"
the flood in Halo just looks like a bunch of rabid walking jellyfish jumping at you though.

Nothing scary about that.
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:00
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I havent ever played Halo so I can't understand the bit you mean or anything. I have been physically frightened by games like Resi and Silent Hill. I haven't ever been frigtened enough to cack myself by a game/film/Abba song but it is a real pain I imagine. I think you should see a doctor and maybe smoke some weed to ease your nerves too. Peace out man hope it all goes ok :-)
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:01
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> the flood in Halo just looks like a bunch of rabid walking jellyfish
> jumping at you though.
>
> Nothing scary about that.

Maybe not for you, but for Timmy Partington from Surrey - it's soil his longjohns time.

People don't think I'm serious with this post do they??
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:06
"For the horde!!!!"
next time you play wear some huggys pull ups
Wed 19/02/03 at 17:09
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Kyz22 wrote:
> I haven't ever been frigtened enough to cack myself by a
> game/film/Abba song

lol, excellent :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.