GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rocky, Mortal Kombat or any other decent game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mortal Kombat 1'.
Wed 19/02/03 at 18:24
Regular
Was thinking of getting a new game for either the Gamecube or PS2.

First thoughts were with Rocky or Mortal Kombat but if you know of any other must have games then post them here to please.

If you own Mortal Kombat and/or Rocky what do you think of them? Which would you say is better??

Thanks
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:38
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Decided. I ordered Rocky for the gamecube as the PS2 version isn't in stock.
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:15
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I've got knockout kings 2002 and I quite liked that. Got the Rocky dvd boxset of all the films from my girlfriend and have been watching them all.

Think I might get it.
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:10
Regular
"not dead"
Personally, I loved Rocky.

If you're a fan of the movies, then I imagine that you'd enjoy playing through the movie mode.

Two players is also fun.

It's also a really great boxing game, if you're into that kind of thing.
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:51
Regular
Similar to me - When I got Tekken 3 on PS1, I found it boring!!!!!!!!

But then I played it in the arcade and found it fab!!!!!!!

Now I'm the Tekken Queen!!!

\(^v^)/
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:49
Regular
I'm talking about Tekken of course!
#
:)
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:49
Regular
In all honesty, I hated MK. When I first started it seemed to be very boring, especially Konquest mode. But not before long it becomes highly immersive and the Krypt makes you want to play more and more, and you do.
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:47
Regular
Honestly! The graphics and the character movements have a larger element of realism (you'll like the ladies - while I like *some* of the gents!) How sad am I it's not right to think like that about binary digits!
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:44
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
got it. :-)

Which makes me think that maybe mortal kombat isn't worth it unless it is really a great game.
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:44
Regular
I know MK is popular, but I've never been able to get into it - I dunno, I guess I prefer Tekken because.... because I do!

:)
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:42
Regular
Dearie Dearie!

You need Tekken 4!
It's fantastic!
The graphics are smooth the characters are brilliant and the fighting arenas are fantastic!!
Did I mention the great storyline *and the nice protagonist!*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.