GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help needed... DVD drive wont work!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 19:46
Regular
ok, my DVD drive has wont work. I updated to XP and let it add all the drivers for the hardware, i dont think that the software i got with the PC has any drivers with it and the ones it does have Windows says that the current drivers are the best for the drive. When i now play DVD's the are very jerky and after a few minutes error messages come up, saying stuff like "disk error, please check to see the disk is not scratched" there not scratched because it happens to them all even brand new ones. I dont know what make the drive is or model and was given no documentation about the hardware.

Anyone got any ideas how i can get it working?
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:04
Regular
"Foos Rock"
I t sounds like there may be a problem with your laser so yeah your best bet is to get it replaced.
Wed 19/02/03 at 19:48
um ye, get a new one!!!
Wed 19/02/03 at 19:46
Regular
ok, my DVD drive has wont work. I updated to XP and let it add all the drivers for the hardware, i dont think that the software i got with the PC has any drivers with it and the ones it does have Windows says that the current drivers are the best for the drive. When i now play DVD's the are very jerky and after a few minutes error messages come up, saying stuff like "disk error, please check to see the disk is not scratched" there not scratched because it happens to them all even brand new ones. I dont know what make the drive is or model and was given no documentation about the hardware.

Anyone got any ideas how i can get it working?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.