GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Mission For Splinter Cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 19:47
Regular
Yup, Looks like Ubi are releasing a new mission.....

Taken from xboxrules.com: -

"Ubi Soft has announced plans to release Kola Cell, a new level for the highly successful videogame Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell(tm) to be available for download through Microsoft's Xbox Live(tm) online game service, when it launches in Europe.

Sam Fisher fans won't have to wait long! The new mission for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell will be available to download by Xbox Live subscribers on 14th March 2003 - the very day the service launches in Europe - at no additional cost.

Ubi Soft would like to thank Tom Clancy Splinter Cell fans for their continued support and provide them a free downloadable mission that is just as exciting and intense as the original game," said Alain Corre, Managing Director of Ubi Soft Entertainment for Europe, Asia Pacific and South America. "We are psyched that Xbox Live allows us to bring our best content directly to our fans."

We're pleased that this great new Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell level is going to be available right from the launch of Xbox Live," said Michel Cassius, European Director of Xbox Platform. "This new content will extend the life of the game, adding more hours of playtime and more stealthy thrills and action. It's an excellent example of what Xbox Live gamers can expect going forward."

About the Mission
The new mission is a whole new experience linked to the original storyline featuring the same stunning graphics and challenging exercises from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell-one of the highest rated games for Xbox with an average rating of 94.4 (out of a possible 100) based on a sample of 54 reviews. In this new level, with his famous gadgets at hand, Sam can call upon his best moves-from the split jump to the stealthy roll-to achieve his four objectives. The new level promises to be action-packed to give a new challenge to the players who completed the game."

Oooo-er!
Wed 19/02/03 at 19:47
Regular
Yup, Looks like Ubi are releasing a new mission.....

Taken from xboxrules.com: -

"Ubi Soft has announced plans to release Kola Cell, a new level for the highly successful videogame Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell(tm) to be available for download through Microsoft's Xbox Live(tm) online game service, when it launches in Europe.

Sam Fisher fans won't have to wait long! The new mission for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell will be available to download by Xbox Live subscribers on 14th March 2003 - the very day the service launches in Europe - at no additional cost.

Ubi Soft would like to thank Tom Clancy Splinter Cell fans for their continued support and provide them a free downloadable mission that is just as exciting and intense as the original game," said Alain Corre, Managing Director of Ubi Soft Entertainment for Europe, Asia Pacific and South America. "We are psyched that Xbox Live allows us to bring our best content directly to our fans."

We're pleased that this great new Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell level is going to be available right from the launch of Xbox Live," said Michel Cassius, European Director of Xbox Platform. "This new content will extend the life of the game, adding more hours of playtime and more stealthy thrills and action. It's an excellent example of what Xbox Live gamers can expect going forward."

About the Mission
The new mission is a whole new experience linked to the original storyline featuring the same stunning graphics and challenging exercises from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell-one of the highest rated games for Xbox with an average rating of 94.4 (out of a possible 100) based on a sample of 54 reviews. In this new level, with his famous gadgets at hand, Sam can call upon his best moves-from the split jump to the stealthy roll-to achieve his four objectives. The new level promises to be action-packed to give a new challenge to the players who completed the game."

Oooo-er!
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:26
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
What really p*sses me off is that i can't get xbox live cos damn broadband can't be fed to my house and i live in the centre of a village/small town, god dammit. It's not frickin fair.
Thu 20/02/03 at 02:15
"Lemon eyewash"
az_00_uk wrote:
> What really ****** me off is that i can't get xbox live cos damn
> broadband can't be fed to my house and i live in the centre of a
> village/small town, god dammit. It's not frickin fair.

if you get enough people together that want it and reqest ADSL then BT will enable your exchange but for that you still got to live 8km i think near it.

either that or tell your parents to move hehe ;)
Thu 20/02/03 at 09:04
Regular
"He's back"
az_00_uk wrote:
> What really me off is that i can't get xbox live cos damn

It's the same for me. Where do you live?
Thu 20/02/03 at 10:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
~X The Master X~ wrote:
> if you get enough people together that want it and reqest ADSL then BT
> will enable your exchange but for that you still got to live 8km i
> think near it.
>
> either that or tell your parents to move hehe ;)

Its 5.5km and its due to the length of your Phone line. Some people may not even be able to have it even if there next door neighbour could. Also you do need a good quality phone line, so even if you do live within the 5.5km distance you may not be able to get it. And on another note 5.5km is the maximum and is RADSL which means you may get limited upload speed due to the distance. 3.5km is the max for proper ADSL and then you can get the full 512/256 connection, anything further is called RADSL. And you may only connect at 512/128 on RADSL depending on whether they need to reduce the upload rate so the download rate can be the full 512.
Thu 20/02/03 at 15:43
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
wam_man wrote:
> az_00_uk wrote:
> What really p*sses me off is that i can't get xbox live cos damn
>
> It's the same for me. Where do you live?

I live in Toddington, near Luton(on tv about airport stuff), it has it's own service station and is developing quite rapidly, but still i live dead centre of the village(literally), there is the high street full of shops and my house is the only house in middle of all the shops. Across the road from me is someone i know and they have broadband. It sucks. I went to BT site and signed up for the thing, there are currently about 120 people signed up but they need 350 until they will install it in the area:(
Thu 20/02/03 at 18:35
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Glad to see your using XboxRules.com ;)
Sun 23/02/03 at 11:21
Regular
If any of you are going to someday get broadband get NTL with the tv because you dont have to feed a long wire through your house because the digital set-top box has an ethernet port and the broadband comes with an ethernet wire to plug straight into your xbox with no hassle.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.