GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just because it's new, is it worth your money???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 21:11
Regular
What I'm trying to say is, *why* use your money like loo paper and blow it all in on a game that turns out to be rubbish!?

I have a great example of this - me!
I've just spent the last of my Christmas money on "Haven Call Of The King" because it has pretty good reviews and it looked pretty! (also I'm the platform queen! ;)

I'm telling you! I played it for anout fifteen minutes, and then I got bored! a complete waste of time!!! Of course, I could just be strange and just not be Haven's type, but the point I'm trying to make is that straight after that; What did I hear floating from my little brother's bedroom but the welcoming bleep of Super Nintendo soundcards!

I went in there and found myself caught up in the antique glory of Super Nintendo Zelda - for two hours!

I'm telling you, I went and got rid of Haven, and at the moment I'm saving princesses and fighting evil 2D style!!

How about you? Do you agree, or am I just a strange girl? :(
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:07
Regular
"not dead"
www.gamerankings.com

They get an average of all gathered reviews, so you get a more general view of whether a game is much cop or not.

They also link to the reviews, so you can read unfavourable ones as well as favourable, to see if it will annoy you, or have features that you'd like in a game.

And (in Columbo mode) just one more thing...

These question marks, do they work as multipliers?

Like is this question important?

Is this one moreso because of the greater quantity of question marks???

Does it also work with exclamations?1!!???!
Wed 19/02/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I tend to only buy a game after reading a good few of the reviews here and in Play mag, and then I usually rent the game first to get a feel for it. If I'm still keen on it, then I buy it. This method hasnt failed me yet. My brother on the other hand, buys on a whim and usually ends up with games that last him about 15mins.
Wed 19/02/03 at 22:14
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
This guy has talent!
Wed 19/02/03 at 22:11
Regular
"Better Than You"
Well why don't you try renting a game out first if you don't know if you will like it or not.

Pretty Simple.
Wed 19/02/03 at 22:05
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I haven't heard much about this game, but it looks alright. I wouldn't buy it though.
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:34
Regular
well, I'm trying to correct my ways - but well! Thats what some people do - would'nt you agree?

I read that PSW magazine. I guess I should broarden my horizons huh? *I think i spelt something wrong!* :s
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:29
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
What magazines did you read that gave it a good review? From what I saw it looked really bad anyway.

But yea, I sometimes find that the older stuff can be better, for example: At the weekend I bought Mortal Kombat: DA for 40 quid, and I also got Ridge Racer 5 for 12 quid, and personally I find Ridge Racer to be much, much better.

"Use your money like loo paper" tut tut.

:)
Wed 19/02/03 at 21:11
Regular
What I'm trying to say is, *why* use your money like loo paper and blow it all in on a game that turns out to be rubbish!?

I have a great example of this - me!
I've just spent the last of my Christmas money on "Haven Call Of The King" because it has pretty good reviews and it looked pretty! (also I'm the platform queen! ;)

I'm telling you! I played it for anout fifteen minutes, and then I got bored! a complete waste of time!!! Of course, I could just be strange and just not be Haven's type, but the point I'm trying to make is that straight after that; What did I hear floating from my little brother's bedroom but the welcoming bleep of Super Nintendo soundcards!

I went in there and found myself caught up in the antique glory of Super Nintendo Zelda - for two hours!

I'm telling you, I went and got rid of Haven, and at the moment I'm saving princesses and fighting evil 2D style!!

How about you? Do you agree, or am I just a strange girl? :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.