GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CONTROLLER PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP !!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/02/03 at 22:44
Regular
First of all i will just say hello as i am a new member. Now the thing with my controller is that the ps2 is not commanding it to rumble and i thought it was the controller. so iwent out and bought a brand new one and it still didn't work but it did work on my step brothers ps2. so iwas just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they did how did they fix it ?????? help would be appreciated
Wed 19/02/03 at 22:44
First of all i will just say hello as i am a new member. Now the thing with my controller is that the ps2 is not commanding it to rumble and i thought it was the controller. so iwent out and bought a brand new one and it still didn't work but it did work on my step brothers ps2. so iwas just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they did how did they fix it ?????? help would be appreciated
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:06
Regular
"I'm Great."
It could be the games you're playing

They could:
a) Not support the rumble feature
b) The feaure may not be turned on in the options
c) Could be that sony is planning a giant anti rumbling scandle.
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:12
i have tried putting on the vibration and it still doesn't work and the games are vibration compatible.
Wed 19/02/03 at 23:14
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Is it still in warrenty?
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:40
NO I BOUGHT IT WHEN THE PS2 FIRST CAME OUT.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:18
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
No need to shout...

If the controller works in another PS2 then it is the port itself that is the problem.

Phone Sony - the numbers in the manual and in most game manuals - they are helpful - normally...
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:20
"Darkness, always"
Probably something to do with the controller port, I would imagine. Or just inside thereabouts.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:34
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i had exactly the same problem a year back, this problem usually occurs if you take out the controller while the ps2 is still on, what you have done is blown a fuse inside your ps2, and you will need to get it repaired, the good news is your controller should not be damaged.

what i suggest is if sony are willing to fix it for a reasonable price you get it fixed by them. when i contacted them (my ps2 was still under gaurentee then they asked for £70 to repair it, which i think is a rip off).

i eventually got it fixed at my local games shop for about £20, try there. if you still have problems i think as a last resort you can get it repaired by online repair services for example, "www.playstationrepair.co.uk" for about £35.
Thu 20/02/03 at 18:45
Ico what was the name of your local game shop where u got it fixed ?????????
Thu 20/02/03 at 21:42
Regular
Yuuuuup sounds like yous got squirruls in ye pooter best get eh exterminaurrs in.

I'll kill em for a buck I'll even skin em for ye too, for un extra buck I'll take em off yu hands...

HHHHEEEEYYY MAAAAAAA WEEEES GOT US A RIGHT FEAST TUNIGHT!
LOOK! SQURRUL!
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.