GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burger King - The Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/02/03 at 08:27
Regular
There have been hundreds of game ideas posted in the forums. Most of them are spoofs or joke ideas. I assure you that this is not one of them. No really, I'm not being sarcastic ( alright, it is, but it's a good idea all the same) All right, slip the disc into your PS2/Xbox/G-cube, start it up and click 'New Game' on the Burger King logo adorned, red, blue and yellow main menu.

N.B. Other menu options include:

Load Game: Nothing much to explain here. Just loads the game.

Options: Also just the usual stuff like sound volume and screen adjustion.

Special Features: Now here comesm the big surprise. Burger King have decided to let me include their recipes in this option. *Looks at recipes* Not surprisingly, all their burgers contain recycled cardboard. Also on the Special Features agenda is adverts for their latest burgers. Hmmm... let's see, there are adverts for the MegaCrap Burger, Metal Flavoured Fries and the new Poo/Choc Flavoured Plastic Ice Cream.

Anyway, let's get onto the game.

A burger is floating around talking in a metallic voice. Among its many comments on how Burger King is the best, it also asks what difficulty you want to play with. There are three options including Employee, Manager and the super hard Burger Lord. Once you select one, the burger turns black and floats up to the screen and respectively, the screen goes black.

A short video clip plays showing a young person ( you never quite find out the player's gender) lying on a bed on a crusty bed that looks as though it served many years in a penitentiary. Suddenly, you receive a phone call in which you get to listen in. I have recreated the concersation.

Employee: Hi, are you interested in a job at Burger King?

Player: Why sure! After all, I am unemployed!

Employee: Just come to your local Burger King.

Player: Gee, thanks! I really love your burgers!

You are next shown in the kitchens and are being asked by the manager what your name is. Take this chance to name yourself something obscene because it becomes hilarious later in the game when people say things like " A-hole, we need a MegaCrap combo over here!" I will focus out a bit and put it into less detail now. Basically, the first stages of the game are just making burgers and completing tasks like stealing cosiderable amounts of cash from the till ( it is never explained what this cash is used to buy) without the patrolling manager noticing your thieving actions.

Slowly making your way up the ladder you will be promoted to manager and finally ( not surprisingly) Burger Lord. These last two jobs are basically just management and dealing with thousands of complaints. There is no end to the game, you just keep getting richer and richer until you get bored sick of the game.

Slamming on the power button and ejecting the disc, you smash the disc with a mallet. You have never seen such an appaling game.

Thank you for playing Burger King - The Game.

N.B. Keep a lookout for the upcoming sequel.
Information and complaints, e-mail [email protected].

This was a Knick Knack production. All rights reserved.
Sat 22/02/03 at 11:10
Regular
Good post!
Fri 21/02/03 at 22:21
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Ain't ever had an IQ test.
Fri 21/02/03 at 21:58
Regular
"Not a Jew"
That was pretty good for a 10 year old. Whats your IQ? Eh? Eh? Eh?
Fri 21/02/03 at 21:54
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Thanks for the compliments!
Thu 20/02/03 at 08:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I remember the game Global Gladiators for the Megadrive; released in conjunction with McDonalds. And I still have it at home. What a dire game.

*Turns red with shame and leaves*
Thu 20/02/03 at 08:47
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Good post. I don't think its a game I will be buying anytime in the future. And, I actually like Burger King. Its better than MaccyD
Thu 20/02/03 at 08:41
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
That was pretty funny! I like the end bit about smashing the game up. Good work!
Thu 20/02/03 at 08:27
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
There have been hundreds of game ideas posted in the forums. Most of them are spoofs or joke ideas. I assure you that this is not one of them. No really, I'm not being sarcastic ( alright, it is, but it's a good idea all the same) All right, slip the disc into your PS2/Xbox/G-cube, start it up and click 'New Game' on the Burger King logo adorned, red, blue and yellow main menu.

N.B. Other menu options include:

Load Game: Nothing much to explain here. Just loads the game.

Options: Also just the usual stuff like sound volume and screen adjustion.

Special Features: Now here comesm the big surprise. Burger King have decided to let me include their recipes in this option. *Looks at recipes* Not surprisingly, all their burgers contain recycled cardboard. Also on the Special Features agenda is adverts for their latest burgers. Hmmm... let's see, there are adverts for the MegaCrap Burger, Metal Flavoured Fries and the new Poo/Choc Flavoured Plastic Ice Cream.

Anyway, let's get onto the game.

A burger is floating around talking in a metallic voice. Among its many comments on how Burger King is the best, it also asks what difficulty you want to play with. There are three options including Employee, Manager and the super hard Burger Lord. Once you select one, the burger turns black and floats up to the screen and respectively, the screen goes black.

A short video clip plays showing a young person ( you never quite find out the player's gender) lying on a bed on a crusty bed that looks as though it served many years in a penitentiary. Suddenly, you receive a phone call in which you get to listen in. I have recreated the concersation.

Employee: Hi, are you interested in a job at Burger King?

Player: Why sure! After all, I am unemployed!

Employee: Just come to your local Burger King.

Player: Gee, thanks! I really love your burgers!

You are next shown in the kitchens and are being asked by the manager what your name is. Take this chance to name yourself something obscene because it becomes hilarious later in the game when people say things like " A-hole, we need a MegaCrap combo over here!" I will focus out a bit and put it into less detail now. Basically, the first stages of the game are just making burgers and completing tasks like stealing cosiderable amounts of cash from the till ( it is never explained what this cash is used to buy) without the patrolling manager noticing your thieving actions.

Slowly making your way up the ladder you will be promoted to manager and finally ( not surprisingly) Burger Lord. These last two jobs are basically just management and dealing with thousands of complaints. There is no end to the game, you just keep getting richer and richer until you get bored sick of the game.

Slamming on the power button and ejecting the disc, you smash the disc with a mallet. You have never seen such an appaling game.

Thank you for playing Burger King - The Game.

N.B. Keep a lookout for the upcoming sequel.
Information and complaints, e-mail [email protected].

This was a Knick Knack production. All rights reserved.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.