GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2003, 20 games that I can't wait to get my hands on."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/02/03 at 10:50
Regular
Resident Evil 0
Still using pre-rendered backdrops, Resident Evil 0, the prequel to the first, sold extremely well in Japan and the US but is yet to see a PAL release.
Still, terror awaits and you can't argue with that!

Skies of Arcadia

One of the few decent RPG's to make its way to the Dreamcast. Rumor has it that the content is being toned down for the Gamecube.
Sailing away to distant places and beating the crap out of pirates never felt so
good!

Super Monkey Ball 2

The first had you rolling around on the floor laughing and the second is set to do the same, with heaps more crazy mini-games and levels to keep you entertained.
Keep your bananas peeled for some more monkey goodness.

Metroid Prime

A hot contender for "Game of 2002", Metroid Prime has certainly boosted GCN sales, software and hardware,Near perfect. Inspiring. And another reason to wake up each morning.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

One of the runaway successes on the PC, Ghost Recon, is set do do the same on Gamecube as you command a crack team of commandoes through 15 missions including infiltration, assassination and espionage!

Zelda: The Wind Waker

Though the cel shading disease is spreading, and lets face it all we need is a cel shade Residet Evil game and it's next step will be global domination, but here Miyamoto is employing the technique to enhance the gameplay. No one yet knows exactly how but it sure looks intriguing.

Resident Evil 4

Set to redefine the survival horror genre with its fully 3D environments which are looking stunning. Say hello to your old friend, reliable 9mm.
Pure Quality.

Killer 7

Reminiscent of the dark and serious "film noir" movies of post WW2 America, Killer 7 uses a rare cel shading technique to emphasize the graphic violence and gore.
This will probably the first of the Capcom 5 released and at this stage is
looking like one of the best.

Pikmin 2

While the first Pikmin was a breath of fresh air, it was too darn short, this time around though we are promised a lot more gameplay, which should mean a lot more fun!!
And that, young padawan, is always a good thing.

Enter The Matrix

The "Wachowski Brothers" actually came up with an original storyline for the game based around their cult movie "The Matrix", which really could go either way.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Not quite as mature as the PS2 versions, we won't complain about Crystal Chronicles yet as for now we are just content in indulging into some RPG goodness sometime later in the year. Still, it is a little patronising...

Starcraft: Ghost

Another "could be great" or "could be really bad" game, the graphics are certainly looking excellent but how will a 3rd Person Action Adventure Starcraft actually work? Well if Command & Conquer could do it, so can Starcraft.

Mario Tennis

If you played Mario Tennis on the N64, you'll know this GCN version will surely be a treat as it's one of the best tennis games around and is exclusive to your Gamecube.

Star Wars Bounty Hunter

Stepping into the shoes of Jango Fett, it's time to Lock'n'Load and head off to collect the bounty on some of those nasty criminals. Definately looking nice and is a superb concept.

X111

This cel shaded FPS is sure to knock your socks off. Long in development for the Dreamcast, its finally been given an overhaul and is getting the recognition it deserves!!

Soul Calibur 2

The first big time fighting game to hit the Gamecube, not counting Capcom vs SNK: EO, and hopefully not the last. The Team Tag feature will be welcomed with open hands and is just another reason why you have to get this game!

Vexx

Vexx, a foreign allusion to chaos, has entered the platform world in an attempt to bring a certain maturity and depth to, what can be, a rather shallow genre. Replacing Mario's hose, or Fox's Lasergun, is a sharp set of Talon claws which put Turok's to shame and set fear into the eye of any foe opposing our hero Vexx.

Conflict: Desert Storm

Competing with Ghost Recon for best tactical shooter, both have the enticing co-operative mode, but Desert Storm can handle up to four players compared with Ghost Recon's two. Set during the Gulf War it's your chance to take on terror and win pride for your country!

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

The spectacular martial arts movie finally gets its own game, which is no doubt a good thing because we know developers never screw up movie licences.

Lord of the Rings: Two Towers

Some movies do deserve a game however and what better then Lord of the Rings. Mostly just hack'n'slash here, but the real fun lies in recreating those huge battles seen in Two Towers.
Sat 22/02/03 at 13:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Chrissy.P wrote:
> Championship Manager 4
> Championship Manager 03/04

---

Is there really any point in that?

CM 03/04 is an update of CM3.

And if 4 is out, you're not going to need that.
Sat 22/02/03 at 13:25
Regular
"hit the road jack"
20 games!! thats roughly 600 smackers! ...yowzer!
Thu 20/02/03 at 23:11
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> WelshMiyamoto wrote:
> Starcraft: Ghost
>
> Another "could be great" or "could be really
> bad"
> game, the graphics are certainly looking excellent but how will a
> 3rd
> Person Action Adventure Starcraft actually work? Well if Command
> &
> Conquer could do it, so can Starcraft.
>
> "Could be really bad"? When Have Blizzard ever made a bad
> game?

I've owned Most Blizzard titles Since Warcraft 2, Starcraft And on to Diablo 2 and also (now) Warcraft 3. Every Game is just, Brilliant. Blizzard really does know how to do Online gaming with Battle net. And also Just pure gameplay. Moving onto a game like this is a big step, but still like IB said, They've Rarely ever made a bad game and probly unlikely they (seem) to ever will.

Cos they've got the trend of what matters to gamers most :) The Gameplay!

e.g. Diablo 2, Starcraft and Warcraft never of any of them have really gone for graphics but simple and Extremly fun Gameplay.

...ok thats off the subject.. :s

*Runs*
Thu 20/02/03 at 19:47
"OUCH! AAARGH!"
Resi o0 is being realesed on the 7 of march and would everyone go to I'm sorry etc room please i have somthing important to say
Thu 20/02/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Better Than You"
Some of CP's list:

Championship Manager 4
Championship Manager 03/04
ISS3
Pro Evolution Soccer

and I can't think of any others at the moment.
Thu 20/02/03 at 19:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
AJ's list.

1. Mario Kart GC
2. Metroid Prime
3. Super Monkey Ball 2
4. Skies Of Arcadia Legends
5. F-Zero GC
6. Pikmin 2
7. 1080: Avalanche
8. Mario Tennis
9. Driver 3
10. Mario Golf
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:51
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Here's my list:

Resident Evil 0 - Looks brilliant, and I want to know the beginning of the story.
Skies of Arcadia - I need a good RPG. And I have it from a very good source that is excellant.
Super Monkey Ball 2 - More of the same but better? Yes please.
Zelda: The Wind Waker - Dont need to explain this one.
Resident Evil 4 - If it comes out this year.
Pikmin 2 - See Monkey Ball 2.
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Cant wait for this. How can you say it's less mature as its on GC?
XII - Looks amazing. Sounds as words is an innovative idea.
Soul Calibur 2 - The GC needs a great beat-em-up. This be it. And it has Link!
Thu 20/02/03 at 13:41
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> Its more of a PC game than anything else and it just doesn't work with
> consoles (apart from the Xbox) in any way.

And why the hell not? That's a damn fanboy comment if ever I saw one.

And Skies of Arcadia is NOT toned down ffs
Thu 20/02/03 at 12:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
In no specific order, here are my 20:

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Animal Crossing (via US import)
Mario Kart
Burnout 2: Points of Impact
Pro Evolution Soccer 2 (if it comes-out in Europe)
ISS 3
Super Monkey Ball 2
1080: Avalanche
StarFox Armada
Skies of Arcadia: Legends
Sonic Mega Collection
Enter The Matrix
Driver 3
F-Zero
True Crime: Streets of LA
Mario 128
Pikmin 2
Evolution Worlds
XIII
Thu 20/02/03 at 12:14
"Darkness, always"
WelshMiyamoto wrote:
> Starcraft: Ghost
>
> Another "could be great" or "could be really bad"
> game, the graphics are certainly looking excellent but how will a 3rd
> Person Action Adventure Starcraft actually work? Well if Command &
> Conquer could do it, so can Starcraft.

"Could be really bad"? When Have Blizzard ever made a bad game?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.