GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims (playstation 2)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims - Deluxe Edition'.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:33
Regular
i really want this game because it is esier to control because of the controler don't you think? but not all the time sometimes the pc is better for the conrols.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:48
Regular
ok probley the sims on the pc is a lot better than.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:47
Regular
i remember the mouse for the ps1 but i never used it.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:43
"Darkness, always"
Of course, does anyone remember the mouse for PS1, which was basically only released because it made playing games like C&C and Earth2100 worthwhile?

RTS games are rubbish without a mouse...

And as for SIMS, I haven't even bothered looking at the graphics for anything other than the original release and what I saw on the PS2 adverts, and given that there is about 5 years between the two vesions, I wouldn't really say that the PS2 graphics are worth shouting about.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:42
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Yeah but with a console you to sit in a comfy chair in your living room in fromt of a warm fire and play in comfort, or watch your partner play. On a computer there is little room for two people to get in front of the screen which is located in the office (which is freezing) and uncomfy cause the chair is hard. And your isolated.

Sharing gaming is better.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:41
Regular
Saw some screens of The Sims Delux for PC, and even that doesn't look as nice as the PS2 release. As for the mouse v controller issue, a mouse is better at certain things (like navigation or picking things up), while a controller is better at driving. The best combo would be the PS2 version with mouse support.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:40
Regular
well yeah
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:38
"Darkness, always"
And especially so on games like the Sims.

For racing games, other sports games and fighting games and the like, console controllers are pretty good. On anything else, PC knows best, and always has.
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:37
Regular
yeah but i did say that the pc is sometimes better for the contols
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:35
"Darkness, always"
So, instead of instant access to any part of the screen via mouse, you want to scroll around labouriously with an analogue stick.

Each to their own.

PC mouse/keyboard combo > *
Thu 20/02/03 at 14:33
Regular
i really want this game because it is esier to control because of the controler don't you think? but not all the time sometimes the pc is better for the conrols.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.