GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Racing Evoluzione-thoughts"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/02/03 at 20:01
Regular
What do you think this game is going to be like? I heard about it ages ago and it sounded like it was going to be a quality game, just thinking about building your own car, how is it going to work? If they pull it off well I think this may be a very addictive and and an extremely good game. Any thoughts?
Fri 28/02/03 at 23:50
Regular
Avoid this game. While I haven't personally played it, it did score 5/10 in both Edge and GamesTM. Says it all really.
Fri 28/02/03 at 19:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
As far as the "creating your own car" goes, it isn't what you'd hope for. Its basically a clever select screen. You choose one of a few designs and then its built for you - just an advanced car select screen instead of a real area where you get to design your own cars.
Fri 28/02/03 at 15:49
Regular
Umm, MS had nothing to do with Project Gotham.

Bizarre Creations did it all, Microsoft just published it.
Fri 28/02/03 at 14:35
Regular
"Erm....."
What are you on?

I have this game on a japenese import, it kicks grand turismo's butt left right and centre, and for designing your own cars, you can do, just lay down the plans and you workers do it for you in your garage

Hidden-Death

www.worldofgamers.com
Fri 21/02/03 at 01:14
Regular
When i first heard of games concept i was extremely happy. Being able to build and design your own car would have been amazing.. But sadly it appears that this is not 100% true.

From the reviews and the such that i have read, it has become clear that instead of actually designing and building your own car designs, at different stages of the game you are presented with a number of designs that your team has made up for you. You look at the blue prints etc and decide on which car to make. So technically you dont actually design the cars. But you do build them. (not physically mind). On the gameplay side of things though, the game is said to be at a very high standard and the graphics look superb. The car designs do look a little dodgey, though they have managed to buy rights to some good car names like lotus.

Released on the 28th, im gonna have to do alot of research before i decide whether or not to buy this one. Can not wait for Lamboghini. The video ive seen on a demo-disc looks awe-inspiring and cant wait to race it online. Though the company that is developing the game (a satalite company of RAGE - i think) has apparently become bankrupt and it is still on the balance whether or not the game will get finished. Rumour has it that Microsoft will finish the rest of the game with their own Microsoft Games studios. This could either make the game amazing or awful. They have been behind some good games (IE Project Gotham Racing) but also if they were to take the game off the hands of RAGE, there could be endless numbers of problems and thus the game could be littered with bugs the such. Another vice of transfering a game between companies is that the original gameplay and ideas of what was decided on by the primary developers might be lost by the spods up at microsoft. Only time will tell on both of these games.

Has anyone heard anything about Lamboghini recently as it has been a good week since i last read anything on it.

Cheers
Thu 20/02/03 at 20:01
Regular
What do you think this game is going to be like? I heard about it ages ago and it sounded like it was going to be a quality game, just thinking about building your own car, how is it going to work? If they pull it off well I think this may be a very addictive and and an extremely good game. Any thoughts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.