GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TakeTwo: Repeating themself??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/02/03 at 20:40
Regular
What is the point of TakeTwo using the same cities in the new games, Liberty City....San Andreas....You get me? Are they running into a wall or is it something else? I know they are changing it around and improving it but could they take it out of America? Into Europe perhaps?
Wed 26/02/03 at 09:07
Regular
They did have a little go at Europe when they released GTA: London. I didn`t think much of it though, and apparently neither did they. Also, with The Getaway coming out soon after Vice City, they would have known for many years that London was "taken" as The Getaway had been in development since the last Ice Age. Still, that does leave a lot of other big cities, but do the developers know as much about those places? I mean, half the fun of Vice City is that throughout the game there are jokes that are mostly funny because of the developer's knowledge of the country.

"But I`m not married..."
"You are now... to America"

That kind of stuff. Its easier to make jokes about your own country because you experience it everyday.

Also, as somebody else mentioned, the move to 3D has meant that you could be going across exactly the same streets and not know it. The game is completely different as a result, so Liberty City in GTA3 is nothing like Liberty City in previous games.
Sun 23/02/03 at 12:43
"Super Diamonds"
Right.......
Whatever you say........

:]
Fri 21/02/03 at 20:19
Regular
"Max Power"
<<>> wrote:
> What is the point of TakeTwo using the same cities in the new games,
> Liberty City....San Andreas....You get me? Are they running into a
> wall or is it something else? I know they are changing it around and
> improving it but could they take it out of America? Into Europe
> perhaps?

they arn't using the same cities they are just using the same name is there anything wrong with that?

they already have used europe once and used america once unless you count the name then about 5
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I felt that Liberty City and Vice City where so far removed from their GTA origin, you could only really tell they where the same by the name. The design of the cities is completely different to the design of the cities in the original game.
Fri 21/02/03 at 14:44
"Super Diamonds"
Lou Role wrote:
> Maybe it's because it is a series of games, if you look at games like
> Kessen and Dynasty Warriors, it is always the same characters in each
> game, so GTA kind of follows the same line as that with it's Cities.
> So after San Andreas, maybe they will release a game set in London, as
> they did with the PS1, although I doubt they'll bother as it's already
> been done.
>
> :)

True, But they could at least add another city

>Also, America is more fun than Europe.

Nah, Europe with all the mountains and running over strange animals and those prancing germans!! But it is fun in america....It would be cool if you got busted occasionaly......and......got the death sentance!!
Thu 20/02/03 at 21:02
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
<<>> wrote:
> What is the point of TakeTwo using the same cities in the new games,
> Liberty City....San Andreas....You get me? Are they running into a
> wall or is it something else? I know they are changing it around and
> improving it but could they take it out of America? Into Europe
> perhaps?

Maybe it's because it is a series of games, if you look at games like Kessen and Dynasty Warriors, it is always the same characters in each game, so GTA kind of follows the same line as that with it's Cities. So after San Andreas, maybe they will release a game set in London, as they did with the PS1, although I doubt they'll bother as it's already been done. Also, America is more fun than Europe.

:)
Thu 20/02/03 at 20:55
"For the horde!!!!"
*dose the funky gibbon dance*
Thu 20/02/03 at 20:40
"Super Diamonds"
What is the point of TakeTwo using the same cities in the new games, Liberty City....San Andreas....You get me? Are they running into a wall or is it something else? I know they are changing it around and improving it but could they take it out of America? Into Europe perhaps?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.