GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have had enough! Help me out please!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 22:32
Regular
Okay, I'm sick, sick, sick to death of them. I want something done about it, but my voice alone will be unheard, I'm sure.

So I want your help to eliminate them!

What am I talking about? Time-limited demos on the Official PS2 mag coverdisc, that's what.

So I'm going to send then an e-mail asking them to try and sort out the problem, and I'd appreciate it if a number of you could do the same.

Here are some do's and don'ts I'd like you to observe...

Don'ts:

1. DO NOT spam them or send them any junk mail.

2. DO NOT be abusive or nasty in any way.

3. DO NOT mention me in any way, or say that "someone asked me to send you this message".

Do's:

1. DO state that you are annoyed at time-limited demos on the coverdisc.

2. DO say that having to re-load the demo or re-boot the console is annoying and puts you off of playing the demo a second time, which also affect the chances of you enjoying it enough to buy the full game.

3. DO say that demos which you can simply restart mean that you play them more and are more likely to get you 'hooked' and buy the game.

4. DO say that you realise they can only use code that developers supply, but would appreciate it if they could request that developers do not use time-limits etc. in the demos they provide.

Their letters-page e-mail address is:
[email protected]

Doesn't matter if you don't even buy the mag - send them an e-mail anyway! The more people mail them, the more likely they are to try and do something about it.

Thank you all.
Tue 08/01/02 at 22:22
"High polygon count"
Yes, we understand that - but it's only by letting the magazine know how much we dislike them that - hopefully - they can speak to the developers about it.
Tue 08/01/02 at 21:30
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
the magazine just gets the demos, puts them together and sends them on thir way.
Tue 08/01/02 at 21:29
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
It isnt the magazines fault. It is the game developers, I think...
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:28
Regular
"Bah"
worth a try thou aint it?
MM
Tue 08/01/02 at 20:19
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I've just sent mine aswell. I wonder if they'll say anything about it in the next issue?
In big letters on the cover. "SR PS2 owners hate time outs" Hmmm... Maybe not.
Tue 08/01/02 at 19:32
I have just finished my e-mail and have sent it. This is also a matter which annoys me greatly, on the recent headhunter demo you had hardly anytime to get a feel for the controls before it finished very disapointing. I hope they take these mails seriously although theres little they can do themselves.
Tue 08/01/02 at 17:02
Regular
"es argh"
Well it is a tactic to make you want the game itself more. So I doubt that they will take them away.
Tue 08/01/02 at 16:55
"High polygon count"
uk_vamp wrote:
> *

I bet he didn't write that. Probably something abusive, though - anyone know? Obviously don't re-type it here!
Tue 08/01/02 at 16:49
Regular
"  "
On Headhunter me and my m8 were playing 1 player on the demo....i found some grenades and saw this bloke on my radar. i was cautiously trying to sneak and line myself up to lob the grenade. the bloke turned his back... i lobbed the grenade, it bounced.....then just as it was about to blow-up "'Headhunter' available end of January" ARGHHH- BLODDY TIME LIMITS!
Tue 08/01/02 at 12:57
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Heh heh! I sent them a letter too. I still doubt if they will change the demos just because of us.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.