GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Out of the loop....."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 22:01
Regular
Ok folks, christmas came and went pretty quick this year, as did new year. Why so quick? Well, this year I'm a little older, time seems to meve quicker as we grow older.....
However, I think the real reason these two commonly celebrated holidays passed me by this year is because I was working. That sucked, but hey I wasn't the only one enduring a working christmas now was I!

Anyway, onto the pickle:

Its not much of a pickle really, but you guys might do me the honour anyway.
Christmas brought little more than cards with cash or IOU's. So here I am, north of New Year - with a tidy bundle of the green stuff and a couple of days off work in which to spend it!

I say "out of the loop" because thats how I feel. I've barely had any contact with anyone outside of work for the last few weeks. As for knowing whats happening in the gaming world, hell - I can't even remember what was happening...

Anyhoo, I managed to purchase a few of the pre-christmas PS2 classics (DMC, SH2, GTA3, SSXT, THPS3) but am of course hungry for more.

So then my friends, whats hot and whats not in todays PS2 market? If I were to, say, take a trip into town tomorrow to purchase a fine PS2 title, whats on offer? What should I get? What should I avoid?

Cheers!

*Toddles off to watch "The Insider"*
Mon 07/01/02 at 17:35
The Insider is a great film. I have to admit that Russell Crowe's character was fairly annoying (but the guy might have been like that in real life!). Al Pacino is superb in it though.

Plus Wings Hauser makes a cameo ;-).
Mon 07/01/02 at 15:48
Why thank you Mr.Tarrant!

Not sure about Max Payne - the PC version was criticised by a mate of mine for being far too short so I think I may opt for a rental first.

I'm dying to get my hands on Sega's Tennis 2K2 (or whatever it's called now).
Mon 07/01/02 at 15:38
MR.COATES wrote:
> How about Half Life?
Pro Evo (not in your list).

Looks like you've got most
> of the really good ones.

Good thinking Mr. COATES! I shall add these to my list of potential purchases....

Also, anyone know when Max Payne is out on PS2?
Mon 07/01/02 at 15:37
blimeyoreilly wrote:
> what was 'the insider' like ?

Brilliant, well worth watching! Russel Crowe? Barely recognisable..... well you know the rest.
Mon 07/01/02 at 14:44
How about Half Life?
Pro Evo (not in your list).

Looks like you've got most of the really good ones.
Mon 07/01/02 at 14:29
Regular
"Tag as above"
Or†ega wrote:
> THere is Twisted metal black, which has scored high 9's in nearly every review written about it.

What is it with the steering on this game, when your reversing its all back to front.
Mon 07/01/02 at 12:54
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
blimeyoreilly wrote:
> what was 'the insider' like ?

I know I'm not Tarrant but I'll be surprised if his answer isn't the same.....brilliant and well worth watching. Russel Crowe is almost unrecognisable after I'd watched Gladiator 1st!

Go watch it now.....unless your at work or school etc!
Sun 06/01/02 at 23:10
Jak and Dexter?
Sun 06/01/02 at 22:41
Regular
what was 'the insider' like ?
Sun 06/01/02 at 22:30
Regular
Ace Combat 4 might be worth a look though I dont know when its out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.