GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Origins"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Origins'.
Fri 21/02/03 at 13:51
Regular
From www.ffonline.com

"Final Fantasy Origins - Europe before America?

Since Final Fantasy Origins' North American release was announced, debate has raged about whether or not European/Australasian audiences would be granted a release of Square's remade versions of their 1st two Final Fantasy installments, of which neither episode has been previously released in those territories. A quick trawl through gameplay.com's site this morning reveals that not only is this game definitely being released, but also a few weeks before the scheduled North American release - something that has only happened once before with the release of Parasite Eve II in 2000. Square Europe have yet to update their site with any information (or with anything at all since November 1 2002), although this will come as no surprise to frequent visitors to their site who will remember that the releases of both FFVI and Final Fantasy Anthology: EE were well-publicised in online stores long before the games were officially announced. According to gameplay.com, FFOrigins will be available from March 14, at a wallet-friendly UK£17.99, with the North American release following on April 8. Confirmation of date and price will be updated on this site as soon as any further information is known. "

well I'm not suer I'm going to enjoy FF1 and 2, Its likely that the game play will hideously outdated but we are getting the wonderswan updates rather than the original famicon releases.

One to watch out for maybe
Mon 24/02/03 at 12:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Blank wrote:
> This is pretty old news you know. Anyhoo. FF6 was called FF3 in
> America originally, because they didn't release one two or three - so
> when four was released they just called it Final Fantasy. Then FF5 was
> FF2 and FF6 was FF3. Ta da.

We're talking about the actual FF3 that was only released in Japan and not FF6 which was called FF3 in the USA.
Mon 24/02/03 at 09:20
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Blank wrote:
> This is pretty old news you know.

What? That Europe is getting it before the US? I thought that was a fairly new announcement. Excuse me if I'm wrong.

Um, did you even read the post?
Sun 23/02/03 at 19:53
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
This is pretty old news you know. Anyhoo. FF6 was called FF3 in America originally, because they didn't release one two or three - so when four was released they just called it Final Fantasy. Then FF5 was FF2 and FF6 was FF3. Ta da.
Sat 22/02/03 at 09:48
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
As far as I'm aware Nintendo still have some of the rights to FF3, so it probably won't get a Playstation release.

I've heard a rumour that it will get a GBA release though.
Fri 21/02/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Max Power"
Final fantasy 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 and 5 all looked kind of like the pokemon games in graphics they were wierd ive got a book explaining about final fantasy 1 though 9.
Fri 21/02/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FF1 was released in USA/Japan
FF2 + 3 were only released in Japan (until now when 2 will come out packaged with 1 soon)
and from then on all the FF's have been released in all the different markets on some platform or another.
Fri 21/02/03 at 19:09
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Or 3 was a NES one that never escaped the boundaries of Japan and/or America.
Fri 21/02/03 at 19:06
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
It may seem like 3 was skipped, but in fact 3 in Japan was like our 6, or something similar to that.

I'll try and find out exactly, though.
Fri 21/02/03 at 17:49
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I could download this Final Fantasy Origins thing now, if I wanted...

But I dont want to.
Fri 21/02/03 at 16:50
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yeah, but 6 came first. It's gone like this: 6, 5&4, 2&1. No 3!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.