GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In My Defence"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/01/02 at 20:53
Regular
Hi. Monkey_man here! You may have noticed that I have been banned for starting the trend in stuffing up the chat forums. Fair enough I admit I started it, but the original post was in the 'SR Site Bugs' forum and was meant to alert the SR staff to the fact it could be done. Here's the original post:

"As you can probably tell, you can enter HTML into the thread title. You can do it with the taglines as well, although they are too short to do anything offensive."

Oh my God, how offensive is that!? As far as I am concerned, I highlighted a serious loophole in the whole SR chat system. Sure it lead to some other people mucking about, but it made the SR staff aware - as it was intended to. If you want me to stay banned then fine. I spend too long on here anyway, I've got branches to swing from.

This was Monkey_man
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:53
"#1 Scapemonkey"
Hi. Monkey_man here! You may have noticed that I have been banned for starting the trend in stuffing up the chat forums. Fair enough I admit I started it, but the original post was in the 'SR Site Bugs' forum and was meant to alert the SR staff to the fact it could be done. Here's the original post:

"As you can probably tell, you can enter HTML into the thread title. You can do it with the taglines as well, although they are too short to do anything offensive."

Oh my God, how offensive is that!? As far as I am concerned, I highlighted a serious loophole in the whole SR chat system. Sure it lead to some other people mucking about, but it made the SR staff aware - as it was intended to. If you want me to stay banned then fine. I spend too long on here anyway, I've got branches to swing from.

This was Monkey_man
Sun 06/01/02 at 20:56
Regular
awww

have a banana
*holds a banana out*
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:02
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
there's a petition for you
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:04
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Someone can get a GAD for highlighting the fact that you can post as other users, yet someone else can be banned for higlighting that you can use html.

That's not fair, SR.
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:06
Regular
"es argh"
You said I smell, when I first came here, it was funny, but now little monkey is now at a level lower than a newbie, how degrading. Anyway welcome to the chat forums The Ghost of Monkey_man :)
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:07
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I don't know what you're on about......
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:08
Regular
Well monkeyman... what you did wasn't wrong in any way...in fact I did it too. You got banned unfairly. If you got banned the rest of us should too as much as I hate to say it.
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:09
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
In honour of your presence Monkey_man, I have prepared a bed of leaves for you to sleep on, I have also carefully hand picked 17 bananas, fresh from the forests of wakanaka.
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:12
"#1 Scapemonkey"
slave2games wrote:
> In honour of your presence Monkey_man, I have prepared a bed of leaves for you
> to sleep on, I have also carefully hand picked 17 bananas, fresh from the
> forests of wakanaka.

Thanks! But it won't be needed. Now I am a ghost and I can traverse the mortal, spiritual and astral planes as I please. Muahahaha!
Sun 06/01/02 at 21:14
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I can at least hook you up with a pet. His name is/was Gizmo, he was a rabbit with floopy ears...want him? He is perfectly house trained, although, I get the feeling ghosts don't live in houses.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.